Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed something about my 05 stang. When I shut off the engine when I park the car in the garage, the interior lights come on. But, when I park it at a store or whatever, and shut off the engine, the lights do not come on. How does it know? I can't find a light sensor anywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Light sensors are located above the lamps on the curved sides of the assembly. They don't come on during bright day light. They look like little beaded balls of glass.

Manny

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was thinking his 'Stang was possessed by Satan... :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mustang Manny said:
Light sensors are located above the lamps on the curved sides of the assembly. They don't come on during bright day light. They look like little beaded balls of glass.

Manny
Actually, I believe those are the motion detectors for the active alarm system. Maybe dual functionality?

·
Registered
599 Posts
When I first saw those sensors, I thought (hoped) they were tweeters. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hogpowr said:
When I first saw those sensors, I thought (hoped) they were tweeters. :)
:) You, as well as many others on this board, hoped the same thing. I knew what they were from my saleman. Funny, he didn't know about the My Color, but could tell me all about the active alarm. :wavey

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I think the active alarm is commin in other Ford vehicles, but obviously my color is not. Hence him knowing the alarm system. Ya most salesmen seem ignorant to the product they are selling. I mean cmon, its your job! And theres not like 30 different cars you need to know, what like 10? Classes should be required for them. Best mustang salesmen is a mustang owner, or enthusiast.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have to check this one out, cause mine doesn't have the Active Alarm installed and I don't have these things near the lights. So I'll check if it does the same thing with mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts