Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked-up my Mustang yesterday in Bremerhaven, Germany. You can follow my little journey in this video:

YouTube - ‪Finding a Mustang‬‏

The vid was made, mainly, for my family back home, but it shows the car when I picked it up at the port.

Today was detail day so I took some pictures. Please keep in mind that I am not a photographer by any means. Don't rag on the pictures too much please. Here's what I did this morning:

1. Washed and dried.
2. Clay'd the entire car. (You would not believe the crap that came off this thing).
3. Wolfgang polish.
4. Wolfgang sealant.

Tomorrow I may do a coat of carnauba wax for the shine. Anyway, here's a few photos (Summer Time in Bavaria):

:wavey

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Congratulations! Time to show some of them new m3s who's boss lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Looks great!

Summers in Bavaria are a lot more pleasant than here in South Carolina. I was in Würzburg, unfortunately without my mustang... Looks like you're in Neumarkt?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Nice ride and photos. I am an amateur photographer, and there really isn't much to rag on with your shots. Good composition on all the shots. Last shot would have been better if you blocked the light entering the top right of the lens, lots of flare there. Must be cool to be one of the very very few Mustang owners out there!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great!

Summers in Bavaria are a lot more pleasant than here in South Carolina. I was in Würzburg, unfortunately without my mustang... Looks like you're in Neumarkt?
Good catch! Neumarkt is where our plates come from through the military. I'm actually about 15 miles south in Hohenfels.

I was stationed in Giebelstadt in the 90's and lived in Ochsenfurt. Used to party in Würzburg all the time. I actually liked it there.

Nice ride and photos. I am an amateur photographer, and there really isn't much to rag on with your shots. Good composition on all the shots. Last shot would have been better if you blocked the light entering the top right of the lens, lots of flare there. Must be cool to be one of the very very few Mustang owners out there!
Thanks! Should I have just blocked the sun with my hand or moved so there was no flare? Sorry for the noob question, I just really don't know much about photography. When I see a good picture then I always say to myself, "Self...you should try that." :grinroll:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Congrats Rob! Sooooooo details man, how did it feel doing 140 on the Autobahn? :D

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats Rob! Sooooooo details man, how did it feel doing 140 on the Autobahn? :D
Well, it wasn't for a long period of time. There was this yellow Porsche that passed me so I trailed him for a little. Traffic caused us to slow to around 100MPH and then down to around 80 or so. Before he left the Autobahn he pulled alongside and gave me a friendly nod. I know it's kinda stupid, but it made me feel good anyway. My wife was sleeping so I didn't ask her to film. She would have freaked if she knew I was going that fast anyway...

At one point we stopped for gas and food and when we came out of the restaurant there was about 4 or 5 guys standing around it admiring. One of them said, "very nice car" in English. Naturally, most late model Mustang owners in Germany are Americans.

Basically, driving that thing on the Autobahn gave me a huge woody. :winks

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That's awesome! Congratulations.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks! Should I have just blocked the sun with my hand or moved so there was no flare? Sorry for the noob question, I just really don't know much about photography. When I see a good picture then I always say to myself, "Self...you should try that." :grinroll:
Basically yeah. Most of my digital SLR lenses have lens hoods which are basically pieces of plastic that extend past the lens to keep light entering them from extreme angles which cause the flares. Of course, the cheapest solution (especially if you only have a point and shoot) is to just position your hand to block the sun, but also keep your hand out of the shot.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's another short video. I was trying to show how much dirt comes off a clean, new car with clay:

YouTube - ‪Claybar Dirt.MP4‬‏

If you watch in HD you can really see how much crap is on there.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^UGH! I guess I need to clay my month old Pony. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice car! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For some weird reason, this doesn't bother me in the slightest!
LOL. Sorry guys...I guess I could have chosen better words to describe the excitement. :yelwacko:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks awesome, and great shots!

Did you polish by hand? Or do you have an orbital with you?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Well, it wasn't for a long period of time. There was this yellow Porsche that passed me so I trailed him for a little. Traffic caused us to slow to around 100MPH and then down to around 80 or so. Before he left the Autobahn he pulled alongside and gave me a friendly nod. I know it's kinda stupid, but it made me feel good anyway. My wife was sleeping so I didn't ask her to film. She would have freaked if she knew I was going that fast anyway...

At one point we stopped for gas and food and when we came out of the restaurant there was about 4 or 5 guys standing around it admiring. One of them said, "very nice car" in English. Naturally, most late model Mustang owners in Germany are Americans.

Basically, driving that thing on the Autobahn gave me a huge woody. :winks
Hee hee, awesome, and LOL, you answered both questions, how it felt and how did you "get away with it." :winks

It's great you were able to bring it over, but being able to drive it at autobahn speeds... priceless. Have fun man! Nice pictures too, thanks for sharing.

LOL. Sorry guys...I guess I could have chosen better words to describe the excitement. :yelwacko:
You got to drive 140 on the street so I say you picked the perfect words, ROFL! For most of us the best we get to manage is mid-80s (trying to aim for that balance of having fun with my car yet not ending up on an segment of Cops, Speeders, or World's Most Dangerous) so a romp at 140.... well, we get it!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks awesome, and great shots!

Did you polish by hand? Or do you have an orbital with you?
All done by hand. I want a DA Polisher, but don't have one...Yet! :laughlitt

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congratulations, looks great!! Nice pictures too!!:bigthumbsup
How much did it cost you to have it in Germany?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.