Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2006 GT convertible. Is there an aftermarket kit to install day light running lights on this car??

Thanks to all in advance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What do you mean?

If you have a GT, I just run of my fogs only during cloudy days/rain, but if it is night, I run all 4.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have an '06 GT that had to be reflashed. Now, it has DRL's and the locks auto-lock after you take off.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have an '06 GT that had to be reflashed. Now, it has DRL's and the locks auto-lock after you take off.
Who did that for you? I wouldn't mind getting that done as well. My car already locks the doors when I put it in gear. Would be nice if it unlocked the doors when I put it back in park. Do the front parking lights just come on or is it the headlights? I've seen a kit for turning the parking lights into DRLs.

·
Registered
717 Posts
there was a write up on how to activate/deactivate the lock feature, I will see if I can find it.

Now for the DRL. My V6 premium has them and REALLY want them turned off. I have even called the dealer and the tech guy said they can't (although it is a matter of doing a flash)

·
Registered
532 Posts
The lock feature is spelled out in the owners manual. My hope was to find a way to have the system auto unlock the doors once the transmission was placed back into park. This is the first vehicle I've owned where the auto locks didn't unlock in this fashion. Not a huge deal, just one of the very few annoyances. :)

Deactivating/activating the autolock feature​
Before following the procedure, make sure that the ignition is in the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position and all vehicle doors are closed.
You must complete Steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.

1. Turn the ignition to the 3 (ON) position.
2. Press the power door unlock control three times.
3. Turn the ignition from the 3 (ON) to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position.
4. Press the power door unlock control three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to the 3 (ON) position. The horn will chirp.
6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.
7. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts