Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
pegasusphototx said:
If the battery is dead, how will there be power to the window to move it down the 1/4" needed to open the door?

-danny
I have opened dozens of locked cars with a lock out kit during my tenure of managing a car wash. The best way would be to place what is similiar to an airbag towards the rear of the window and then extend a rod in to pull on the handle to open the door. Total time <2 minutes.

my1ststang said:
Won't the key open the door?

I thought this was the old blonde joke!

Didn't know he was serious!

:laugh:

Discussion starter · #25 ·
kscoyote said:
I thought this was the old blonde joke!

Didn't know he was serious!

:laugh:
Yep, have you not ever heard of this happening to someone with an s197? One guy did this past winter - parked it drivers side too close to a wall and got out through the passenger side and armed the car. (set the alarm and locked the doors) He ended up jump starting the car via a positive lead to his tail light.

I know - sounds ridiculous.

Waxed'05 GT said:
Yep, have you not ever heard of this happening to someone with an s197? One guy did this past winter - parked it drivers side too close to a wall and got out through the passenger side and armed the car. (set the alarm and locked the doors) He ended up jump starting the car via a positive lead to his tail light.

I know - sounds ridiculous.
How'd he get OUT of the car? I mean, if you can get out of the car you can get back in, right?

Sounds like an excuse for being a University of Nebraska graduate to me . .. .

I had someone park too close to my 68, and I had to go squeeze in the door -go through the back seat, open the passenger door and climb over the console -because there wasn't room enough to get in the front, but the edge on the door suuuuuure makes a nice ding!!!

if the battery is dead the window will not drop 1/4" which will break the black textured strip that runs across the roof when you force open the door????

MickMach said:
if the battery is dead the window will not drop 1/4" which will break the black textured strip that runs across the roof when you force open the door????
Lol Waxed, you even made a post on this?

Its ok, When I had the battery out for the valve covers I freaked out for a second when I needed to get into my trunk. I was like sheet! I cant get into my trunk! 30 seconds later I said DUH! :drink:

And the doors open/close fine when the windows are frozen shut. mine were twice this past winter.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
kscoyote said:
How'd he get OUT of the car? I mean, if you can get out of the car you can get back in, right?

Sounds like an excuse for being a University of Nebraska graduate to me . .. .

I had someone park too close to my 68, and I had to go squeeze in the door -go through the back seat, open the passenger door and climb over the console -because there wasn't room enough to get in the front, but the edge on the door suuuuuure makes a nice ding!!!
Ummm, the other door. The guy wanted to park it for the winter.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
pfiandra said:
Stop picking on the poor guy. He had a brain fart. I have them all the time.:rolleyes:
It's cool, thanks though. I'm actually finding this thread I created quite amusing.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
MickMach said:
Nope, the strip flexes. Think about it... if you gotta get in WITH THE KEY, of course:rolleyes: you gotta open the door.

I've done it once already when I stored it for the winter, before I got a trickle charger. I think it even states something about it in the owners manual.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Stoenr said:
Lol Waxed, you even made a post on this?

Its ok, When I had the battery out for the valve covers I freaked out for a second when I needed to get into my trunk. I was like sheet! I cant get into my trunk! 30 seconds later I said DUH! :drink:

And the doors open/close fine when the windows are frozen shut. mine were twice this past winter.
Yep, I think its a little bit of haven't seen my car in awhile anxiety.:smilie

I bet the top was down too!!! :rollgrin:

Wait, this reminds me of a customer I had in the shop. She was in her car and the power locks did not work and she couldnt get out. She said she was tapping on the window at passers buy. No lie! She was an elderly lady, but still, cmon now.

I have nothing to say.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #38 ·
I should have known my "off topic gang" pals would show up on this thread to show their support!
:banana: :run_over:

Waxed'05 GT said:
I should have known my "off topic gang" pals would show up on this thread to show their support!
:banana: :run_over:
You asked for it:grinroll: :rollgrin: :bounce2:

Stoenr said:
Wait, this reminds me of a customer I had in the shop. She was in her car and the power locks did not work and she couldnt get out. She said she was tapping on the window at passers buy. No lie! She was an elderly lady, but still, cmon now.
my dept does vehicle unlocks. a few weeks ago i got called to unlock some teenage girl's car at a gas pump. all doors locked. keys in the ignition, car running. drivers window down about 1/2 way! "oookaay" i said, as i reached through the window and unlocked the car.:rolleyes:

Are these kids really that friggin stupid? how do they get a license in the first place? good thing im not one of the troopers who do the drivers license tests.... id require everyone pass my "dumba$$" test before i even got in a car with them...

21 - 40 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.