Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making my list of Winter projects, and an important one is adding an Aluminum Driver's Dead Pedal. I've had my '06 GT for a little over a month now. I never even sat in one until I took delivery. I have read a couple of posts that the '05 Mustangs did not have a dead pedal. Is this true? My '06 definitely has one, though not trimmed-out with a quality aluminum plate. It seems that Steeda is the only supplier that offers a kit for the '05/'06, but they include a mounting bracket. This is why I'm thinking that the '05 had no foot rest at all. I'll peel back the carpet and check out the structure underneath. It looks like it would be an easy project to mount an aluminum plate over the carpet, using stand-offs to raise the plate height to whatever is needed. I emailed UPR to consider making one to match the other pedals with their billet trim kit. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I bought a set of Ultimate Pedals for my '06. Same applies to the '05s. Had a couple of group buys over at TMS so I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate Pedals was willing to do another. A bit pricey, but custome made and outstanding quality. I had the Pony engraved on my gas pedal. I think they can engrave different things.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=64_175

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe he is talking about a foot rest pedal for the left foot.

·
Registered
332 Posts
scramblr said:
Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I bought a set of Ultimate Pedals for my '06. Same applies to the '05s. Had a couple of group buys over at TMS so I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate Pedals was willing to do another. A bit pricey, but custome made and outstanding quality. I had the Pony engraved on my gas pedal. I think they can engrave different things.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=64_175
Do they screw on and did you get the ones with the nobs?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a manual so I bought all four pedals. The dead pedal comes with self tapping screws. It screws into the foam backing behind the carpet and seems to hold pretty well. Some folks purchased rubber expanding anchors at a local hardware store and drilled into the carpet/foam inserted those and then screwed the plate down, sort of like working with dry wall. I didn't do that and the dead pedal isn't moving. The other three pedals, you have to drill two holes into each pedal and use the included bolt/nut/washer sets. The non-slip knobs are additional and you can put them on the pedals before installing them.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wish they sold them seperate insteasd of a total package.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the UPR pedals installed on my 'Stang along with the Steeda dead pedal. The nice thing with the UPR pedals is that they attach onto the existing pedals and also allow the rubber from the OEM pedals to penetrate through.

With regards to the Steeda pedal, it is a nice dead-pedal. It actually attached behind the driver side kick-place to a bolt that is there. Nice and secure.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looked at Ultimate Pedals, Ichibahn, Sparco, and a couple of others. Decided on the Sparco 03778AA Dead Pedal. It has a lip on the outboard side to keep your foot from sliding off to the left, and it's large enough to fill the area. It doesn't match the UPR pedal covers, but who cares! It's functional and is by Sparco! I'll post some Pics. Next is a trunk release button.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.