Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 GT with less than 15k miles and I have had TWO remotes to totally quit working in the last month. The panic, unlock/lock and trunk will NOT operate at all. I work at a Correctional Facility with a lot of security audio and video around every corner. This is freaking me out. Both times my Stang locked via remote at arrival and when I came back out that afternoon....DEAD remote. Is it possible that electrical interference could cause this?? Any thoughts, suggestions or other advice would be greatly appreciatted. As of right now, I am manually locking/unlocking until I find a solution.

Thanks!!

knoxvol51

·
Registered
657 Posts
I suppose that the interference around the facility could be helping to drain the batteries in the remotes. Is that what happens and new batteries will make the remotes active?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
There have been times around here when remotes didn't work. Also troubles with garage doors.They thought it was a ATT tower when it was operating.These things use reserved freq. for Government.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose that the interference around the facility could be helping to drain the batteries in the remotes. Is that what happens and new batteries will make the remotes active?
No idea. It is soooo wierd. Both these units are dead and BOTH went in the same manner. The difference is I had the keys in my pocekt the first time and I had them in a weapons lock box the second time. I mean I cant even activate my anti theft device. I havent replaced the batteries because I am not really sure whats going on. I mean, will it keep doing this or what. Low, low miles and times using them.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I would say it's highly unlikely..did you see any crop circles?
+1 Change the batteries...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If the remotes were manufactured at the same time then the batteries will probably die around the same time. Definitely try changing the batteries out before assuming anything weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.