Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a brand new 2009 Bullitt at a dealer, and upon careful inspection, I realized that the strut tower brace is not the original since it does not have the serial number plate on it (have photos). I was really bummed since I was interested in the vehicle but now who knows. Could a replacement be ordered? I have not asked the dealer about it since I want to be better prepared for possible negotiations. What are your thoughts around this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
360 Posts
1 someone has it
2 make sure the vin# is for a bullit
3 i wonder what else has been changed/taken off
i wont buy a new car if i think it has been messed with,or someone took it for a test drive for parts.the salesmen at the dealer dont probly know the differince. most of the time the time i know more about the car than they do.basicly it smells fishy to me:headscratch:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

I was so excited over this find but now who knows. Everything other than the brace seems to be correct and it is a Bullitt VIN with no carfax records. It appears that the car has been in the lot since last year and I think I know why. I'll stop by this weekend and discuss with the manager. I guess if a replacement could be ordered they would have done that already. :weepsI too am very suspect of this vehicle now but I guess I'll give them a chance to come clean and address it just in case.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I was so excited over this find but now who knows. Everything other than the brace seems to be correct and it is a Bullitt VIN with no carfax records. It appears that the car has been in the lot since last year and I think I know why. I'll stop by this weekend and discuss with the manager. I guess if a replacement could be ordered they would have done that already. :weepsI too am very suspect of this vehicle now but I guess I'll give them a chance to come clean and address it just in case.

Thanks again.
If you can get the full Vin number we can get you a window sticker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I did get the sticker PDF via the fordvehicles website and it is in fact a Bullitt. I also talked to the vendor just now and he stated that "some came like that" and that only the 2008's all came with the serial number. But I spent some time last night searching inventory around the major cities in Florida and I've found some more. I have a family member looking into a couple of those right now to see whether they met the requirement. Not sure I can trust this dealer though.

Thanks and I'm hoping to become a Mustang owner in the very near future :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.