Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm getting more serious about trading in my 05 Stang V6 for an 06 GT. I'd like to get my new GT for sticker price.

Local dealer (gave me sticker on the V6) says "6 month wait on GT with Manual, and 3K over sticker".

Whaa? No freakin way. I can wait, but not that long if I can help it, and there's no way I'm paying 3K over, or 2K or 1K. Since I'd like to trade in, how would that work? I can drive my V6 to the dealer and pick up the GT? How do they calculate how much the trade would be worth if it will not occur for 4 months? Assume the mileage based on current usage, etc?

Am I expecting too much to pay sticker for a manual GT? Am I expecting too much to wait no more then 3-4 months? I'll drive half-way across the country for a sweet deal if I have to (especially one that will give me a good trade value) but I won't fly so CA, FL are out of the question...

I know there are so many people here with connections, someone please help me out!!!

Car to be traded (or sold privately if interested) is manual 05 V6 with 2K miles. Black (no side sticker), ABS/Traction, Shaker 500, Spoiler.

Responses can be sent privately to [email protected].

THANKS,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gwinnett Place Ford

Get the phone# off of Ford website.....
I am sure if you call them you can get any GT at close to INVOICE...
I called them and they will take X-Plan with any of the 30 GTs on their lot.....
They have so many and most other dealers have not seen any.
So call them and get a GT at Invoice and have it shipped to yea at around $600 and still save around $2000...JohnnyT

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I paid under sticker for my 05.

There is a dealer here in TN without any markups and they have two manual GT's now. One is the new Blue with a shaker1000 system

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Johnnytuinals said:
Gwinnett Place Ford

Get the phone# off of Ford website.....
I am sure if you call them you can get any GT at close to INVOICE...
I called them and they will take X-Plan with any of the 30 GTs on their lot.....
They have so many and most other dealers have not seen any.
So call them and get a GT at Invoice and have it shipped to yea at around $600 and still save around $2000...JohnnyT
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif
Thanks for this! I called them. Only disadvantage is that Georgia is pretty far away, and I'd have to drive the 2Kmile V6 and put another 1K miles on her to get her down there!

Before I waste anymore of any dealers time, let me ask...

Should I just wait it out? I have heard from a couple of people that there's a "sweet spot" for selling about 2 years after purchase, so you break even or whatever.

Another thing I need to consider is that now, apparently, if I trade in, I'll only pay tax for the difference between the V6 and the GT. How long does that last?

Any other advice before I drive the wife nuts trying to figure out what to do? My gut is saying "get the GT now!"

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
The tax is always just on the difference between trade in and purchase price.

I have never heard of the "Sweet" spot for selling... and to be honest, not every dealer is selling over sticker.

I think that this current Mustang will hold its retail level for some time... the attractiveness of the car seems to be tossing demand way up.

YOu can wait it out, but you V6 will just lose value and your tax bill on the trade will go up. Also, think about it like this... if the "sweet" spot you are talking about occurs that also means they will be selling the used ones cheaper as well. This equals a even greater loss of value on your car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Let me know all of the specs you want and what state you are in and I will see whats out there!
I work at a Ford Dealership in Texas. I have helped alot of people here.
[email protected]

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you order your stang at Gwinnett Place Ford you will be paying close to invoice...So you are saving close to $2300.Have it shipped to your home for a few hundred dollars.And since they have so many Gts i am sure you will find what you like....If yea order one near yea you might not see the car and might have to reorder it as a 2007 in June......You see you can get the GT at a great price so go for it....You will not find any Deals in the northeast thats on the LOT.At least you don't have to go to Florida lol..JohnnyT:happyhapp

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Johnnytuinals said:
If you order your stang at Gwinnett Place Ford you will be paying close to invoice...So you are saving close to $2300.Have it shipped to your home for a few hundred dollars.And since they have so many Gts i am sure you will find what you like....If yea order one near yea you might not see the car and might have to reorder it as a 2007 in June......You see you can get the GT at a great price so go for it....You will not find any Deals in the northeast thats on the LOT.At least you don't have to go to Florida lol..JohnnyT:happyhapp
I would consider Gwinnett, but...
a) It's a trade in, so I'd be putting another 1K miles on the 2K car.
b) I'd be starting the new drive train with 1K miles to get her to NY unless I take a bus back and pay $500 for delivery.
c) Long trip not recommeded on new engine.
d) two or three day round trip minimum - no time from work since I just took time off for the new baby boy.
e) $300 in gas/tolls there and back.
f) They never got back to me by email as they said they would.

But thank you anyway...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Johnnytuinals said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention the positives about Gwinnett:
GREAT PRICE OFFER, MANY IN STOCK!
If you are in the South-East and need a GT, call them!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
You took off many days for a stang V6 lol ?......
I would think its about 5 hours from NYC and yes I would call them to see what they will give yea on your V6 and tell them you are driving 1000 miles away and find out what the salesmanager will give yea....Don't email them ,call the salesmanager.......
Or call Faulkner ford In quakertown they have a GT in stock,,,go on the web and see if thats what you like....
Thats where I bought my GT at INVOICE,,,talk to the salesmanager JOHN and ask him will he give yea the GT at Invoice like he did the guy that bought his other one on laborday weekend....
Quakertown is about 2 hours from NYC,15 mins from Dorney park....JohnnyT

·
Registered
599 Posts
Pinnacle Ford in Little Rock, will deal. They are very fair, and have several GT's in stock to choose from. 501-221-3673 Donny Smith is the man.
Good Luck

:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts