Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 weeks ago I talked to a dealer 1 1/2 hours away that had a red Boss in their show room . It had already been there 2 weeks . I tell them that if they would sell me the car at sticker I'd drive over the next morning and buy it . The sales manager said nothing less than 4 grand over sticker . I laughed and said the car really isn't worth sticker let alone 4 grand over which is getting into Shelby territory .
I told them to call me if something changes .
So time went by and I bought a 2012 GT premium with everthing I wanted at $950 under invoice . Happy as a clam .
Today the Boss dealer calls and asks if I still want the car . 6 weeks the car has been in the show room . I ask them about the 4 grand and the salesman said that's gone . I tell him that if his dealership wasn't so gready the car would of been sold a month ago to me .
He said he knows that but at the time the sales manager thought they could get it . .
If everyone would flat out refuse to pay the jacked up prices some dealers try to charge they'd stop that nonsense .
End of story .

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Hahaha.. isn't that just silly!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Good for you, greedy @sshole salesmen and stupid people paying their outrageous prices are making mustangs nearly unaffordable.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dealership near me has a Boss in Competition Orange with the Recaro seats and Helical rear diff. Sticker says 43K windshield says "SALE $53,000!" I laughed so hard. They will never sell that car for 10k over sticker... Good for you by the way! Post some pics of the new ride! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I love stories like this. Not only do these dealers lose that sale, they lose the customer.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year when I was looking for a Raptor the local dealer had 2 that were marked up 11 grand over sticker !! A short time on the internet and a 50 minute drive and I bought a new Raptor with the exact same options for $1500 UNDER factory sticker, no dealer ad ons .
The other 2 Raptors sat there for 3 months .

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealership near me has a Boss in Competition Orange with the Recaro seats and Helical rear diff. Sticker says 43K windshield says "SALE $53,000!" I laughed so hard. They will never sell that car for 10k over sticker... Good for you by the way! Post some pics of the new ride! :bigthumbsup
I'd buy a new Shelby for that 53 grand "sale" price .

·
Registered
422 Posts
Man, what do you do for a living?! lol a Raptor AND a new 5.0??? I graduate college next fall and I got my 2010 GT used and I can barely afford it, I dont care tho I love my car so much :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, what do you do for a living?! lol a Raptor AND a new 5.0??? I graduate college next fall and I got my 2010 GT used and I can barely afford it, I dont care tho I love my car so much :bigthumbsup
LOL, Federal Government and the wife makes big bucks too .
I told my kids "dont expect anything in the will" . :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Note to self: "Find rich woman..."

Got it thanks! lol sounds like you have a nice line up of cars. I have a grabber blue 1970 mach 1 and my grabber blue GT. Would never sell either of them, tho I would always add to the garage :hihi:

·
Registered
297 Posts
well what did you get?

naples? correct.

beers

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Jacking prices up normal in hope of some sucker to bite. It's not right I remember when Sheblys came out 20-25,000 over invoice. Then poeple resold them on the net still made money. I got my dealer to give 2,000 under invoice plus 500 dollar coupon from Ford. Then my trade I came out ahead on that. It took a month going came and forth in emails plus pitting dealerships against each other

·
0 Posts
The few Bosses that were for sale in the St. Louis area were listed at MSRP.

The dealers don't have a ton of 5.0s around here so it's hard to get really low on them.

I wouldn't touch a Boss with that POS china transmission!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Note to self, don't go to Cookeville looking for a deal on a Boss.
The 2 around here that I know of were sold before they even had Vin #'s for them at at least 10K over MSRP.
But on a side note I can get the Raptor at the local dealer for $1500 under dealer cost :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
735 Posts
Note to self, don't go to Cookeville looking for a deal on a Boss.
The 2 around here that I know of were sold before they even had Vin #'s for them at at least 10K over MSRP.
But on a side note I can get the Raptor at the local dealer for $1500 under dealer cost :bigthumbsup

+1 Or McMinnville either. The one they had was reported to have sold for 10K over sticker as well. Ridiculous! By the way Siber, Nice car:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
104 Posts
The biggest problem was the word "limited" is thrown around with Boss production. So it becomes the 07 Shelbys all over again. Stupid dealers think that means they can make a ton of money on them. Sad part is that some of them can.

I got mine for sticker from my local dealer. At one point he called and told me he would give me $2,000 if I didn't take delivery of the car because someone had come in and offered him "a decent amount over sticker"(as he put it). Thankfully the dealer didn't screw me and I still got my car :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well what did you get?

naples? correct.

beers
I found locally a 2012 GT premium, mt, 373, Brembo, spoilers, in black . The best I could do since it was a 2012 was 300 over invoice before the $500 rebate and the $750 customer cash . So it was $950 under invoice after those two .
Worked out to be 10 grand less than the Boss if I'd would of got it ( the Boss)at sticker . I loved the look and everything about the Boss except the price . IMO it wasn't worth 10 grand more than what I got .
They did have in the showroom a 2012 black Shelby with red stripes . My wife loved it until she saw the price . Then I got this::nono: !

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just picked up my 5.0 yesterday and they had a red and black Boss on the floor. Sit down!!!! It was $25,000 over sticker. My salesman told me that and I told him the manager was crazy. He then told me they just sold one for the same amount two weeks ago. This is America and you can put an outrageous price on anything. It isn't the dealers that are stupid, it is the sucker that buys it at that price. If you could get $25,000 above what your Mustang was worth, would you turn it down? I don't think so.

It reminds me when the '05's came out. We were really interested in a 'vert. We stopped at a dealer and took a look at one. The salesman took us through some of the details of the car and then asked if we would like to take it for a ride. I asked how much first and they wanted $5000 above MSRP just for a GT 'vert. I laughed at him and told him i would wait.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just picked up my 5.0 yesterday and they had a red and black Boss on the floor. Sit down!!!! It was $25,000 over sticker. My salesman told me that and I told him the manager was crazy. He then told me they just sold one for the same amount two weeks ago. This is America and you can put an outrageous price on anything. It isn't the dealers that are stupid, it is the sucker that buys it at that price. If you could get $25,000 above what your Mustang was worth, would you turn it down? I don't think so.

It reminds me when the '05's came out. We were really interested in a 'vert. We stopped at a dealer and took a look at one. The salesman took us through some of the details of the car and then asked if we would like to take it for a ride. I asked how much first and they wanted $5000 above MSRP just for a GT 'vert. I laughed at him and told him i would wait.
This time next year they'll be regretting paying that 25 grand extra . They'll be Boss's sitting on dealer lots to be had at less than sticker . Raptor's this time last year were 10 grand over and pre-sold . Now they sit on dealer lots at under sticker .
At 25 grand over I would of bought a new Shelby and pocketed the extra 15 grand .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.