Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my car and of course the dealership had to add their logo plate to the back of the car. :mad:

Any suggestions on removing this without damaging the clearcoat?

·
Registered
90 Posts
take it back to them and have them do it. that's what i did. if anything goes wrong, it's their fault.

congrats on the new GT-you're going to love it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
If they don't you can use the hair dryer and dental floss method. Worked for me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It will come off with heat, but I'd have them remove.
I told these morons not to put it on my car and they did anyway. Before I left it was off.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Mine just gave me a license plate frame with their blah blah on it, no decals

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I think it must not be legal here in Washington state because no dealers do it here. We all get the license plate frame. Any other state where you never see dealer "stick ons"

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I pulled mine off before I left the lot with the car.

It was that easy.

But There is a product at Autozone called Sticker Shock that works well and doesnt harm the paint.

·
Registered
305 Posts
They don't pit the stickers on in OR or CA that I have noticed. Seems to be more of an Eastern US thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer logos...

I can't believe they even put them on cars still...nobody wants them. I told the dealer when I ordered it that it better not have any dealer stickers or plates. The Ford dealer I dealt with doesn't do that any more, thank god.

·
Registered
84 Posts
WILD PONY said:
I can't believe they even put them on cars still...nobody wants them. I told the dealer when I ordered it that it better not have any dealer stickers or plates. The Ford dealer I dealt with doesn't do that any more, thank god.
I bought my car from them and they expect me to give them free advertisement for their dealership. I don't think so. Then when I bring my car in for warranty work they don't want to do it. Frank them!! I took their licence plate bracket off and put on my tinted plate covers on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chuck0765 said:
Just picked up my car and of course the dealership had to add their logo plate to the back of the car. :mad:

Any suggestions on removing this without damaging the clearcoat?
Hey Chuck....nice to see someone else from Rhode Island! I will definitely keep my eyes open for your new baby.

I told them if they put those damn things on I wouldn't buy the car. They left them off. I hated my dealer. The salesman was a complete ass. Best price and quickest delivery though, so I put up with them. I will take it to a different dealer for any warranty issues though.

The heat/floss trick should work, but I definitely recommend you take it to the dealer and let them take it off...just in case.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had no issues with my dealer at all which surprised me because the last time that I stopped in there (1999) they wouldn't even talk to me because they didn't have the truck I was looking for on the lot. This time they were the only place around with a good selection.

I forgot to tell them to leave the decal off. I haven't bought a car in a while and really never worried about it before. I should have taken care of it when I was there but wanted to get on the road and drive.

I'll look for you in that nice blue vert - my wife wanted me to buy a V6 vert auto, but I really NEEDED the V8 stick! :gringreen

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Mine had the vinyl applied dealer name on it. It wasn't that easy to get off though. Some of the letters were stuck on more so. I carefully used my thumb nail to get under the corners and a little WD40.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chuck0765 said:
I had no issues with my dealer at all which surprised me because the last time that I stopped in there (1999) they wouldn't even talk to me because they didn't have the truck I was looking for on the lot. This time they were the only place around with a good selection.

I forgot to tell them to leave the decal off. I haven't bought a car in a while and really never worried about it before. I should have taken care of it when I was there but wanted to get on the road and drive.

I'll look for you in that nice blue vert - my wife wanted me to buy a V6 vert auto, but I really NEEDED the V8 stick! :gringreen
My wife KNEW that a V6 was out of the question...let alone an AUTOMATIC!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BlueVert said:
My wife KNEW that a V6 was out of the question...let alone an AUTOMATIC!!!
Well mine really didn't expect me to change my mind but asked anyhow. I told to save her money for a Vert. I have to say that I do like the look of the V6 with the Pony Package. The grill really looks like the 67 GT. She likes that Windveil Blue too.

In any case, maybe I'll catch you cruising around before the snow flies - we're running out of time. Chance of flurries tonight and we're only one small snow fall away from salt and sand all over the roads around here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chuck0765 said:
Well mine really didn't expect me to change my mind but asked anyhow. I told to save her money for a Vert. I have to say that I do like the look of the V6 with the Pony Package. The grill really looks like the 67 GT. She likes that Windveil Blue too.

In any case, maybe I'll catch you cruising around before the snow flies - we're running out of time. Chance of flurries tonight and we're only one small snow fall away from salt and sand all over the roads around here.
You know you can get that grill for the GT too, right? It isn't too expensive ($100) and it just clips on...no damage to your car. Looks really good too.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

I've been trying to squeeze in every last ride I can before the salt comes out. I am not looking forward to putting her to bed for 5 months. :sosad:

I need to give her one final bath before I cover her up, so hopefully it will be clear this weekend. Got a nice checklist of things to do....

Maybe in the spring we can meet up and compare cars!

·
Registered
98 Posts
BlueVert said:
You know you can get that grill for the GT too, right? It isn't too expensive ($100) and it just clips on...no damage to your car. Looks really good too.

I've been trying to squeeze in every last ride I can before the salt comes out. I am not looking forward to putting her to bed for 5 months. :sosad:

I need to give her one final bath before I cover her up, so hopefully it will be clear this weekend. Got a nice checklist of things to do....

Lord I'm glad I live in the south. I rode with the top down last night.:laughlitt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BlueVert said:

That's cool. I hadn't seen those. I can't believe the ammount of add-ons you can get for these cars...

BlueVert said:
Sure. Look forward to it. I'm in northwest part of the state but venture out of the woods now and then...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chuck0765 said:
That's cool. I hadn't seen those. I can't believe the ammount of add-ons you can get for these cars...

Sure. Look forward to it. I'm in northwest part of the state but venture out of the woods now and then...
I plan on spending my free time (as in time I cannot drive my stang) going through all the sites and placing some orders, then I'll have a whole bunch of add-ons ready to go come spring!

I'm in Pawtucket....maybe 1/2 hour away from you. My sister just moved out of glocester....you know, "No school foster/glocester"...they don't even own a snow plow in that town!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts