Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I go to a Ford Dealer to get my oil changed, should I worry about removing my CAI and flashing back to stock? I usually go to a different dealership on the other side of town for oil changes since they have a quick lane and a dealership closer to me for warranty type stuff. Just wondering about them changing the strategy on my computer during a simple oil change or trying to void my warranty over performance parts. I'd really hate to have to remove the CAI and flash back to stock -every- time I go to get my oil changed.

·
Registered
726 Posts
That would depend on how the dealerships service manager or mechanics are. If they enter it into the database all dealerships will know.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Agree it depends. Most won't care but there are some that will document what mods they see for future reference.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yes take it off and go back to stock . The other option is to change your own oil it is not hard only 1 bolt on the bottom of the oil pan. Then you need a oil filter wrench to take that off. You may know all this if not , I`ll help you out.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That is what I would do. Just change your own oil and you wont have to worry about the dealer then. Much cheaper also.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
+1 on changing oil on your own. It's easy, and you don't have to worry about mechanics scratching your ride. The only pain in the [email protected]@ is disposing of the old oil. I take mine to the gas station up the block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.