Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a few of the Decal dealers for stripes and looked at some of the install intructions, Before this I was under the impression that the Decals were big stickers with a wax paper backing and you peeled and stuck them on which would make it difficult to line up, but im seeing they go on wet and you use a squeegee to smooth them out. Is this the way that all or most stripe kits are designed? as long as there wet do you have plenty of time to reposition them? do they need to me lifted and repositioned or can you slide them? :dunce: Thanx in advance, FoMoCo

·
Registered
25 Posts
they still are "big stickers" but what you do with the water is allow a little bit of time to move them around and get them just right before you squeege out the water and they stick down to the car. Oh and dont forget your needle to get those water bubbles out that dont make it off to the side. IMO thats the fun part, like poppin a big pimple, put the needle in and squegee the sides and watch the water spray out. lol well alright that sounds pretty bad but it is fun and relaxing after you know that you put your decal on straight and you dont have too many of those water bubbles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts