Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was approached today and this guy wants to buy my 04 Termi w/ 11K miles. They are getting a 2010 GT500 in and I'm thinking of getting one anyway. I don't care for the rear that much but still thinking about it. I've been offered 25K and its worth it. With the mods and the new smell it still has helps out :bigthumbsup. I'm thinking about selling another car I have so I'll end up paying nothing for the 500, and then I'll go to modding it to a degree.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was approached today and this guy wants to buy my 04 Termi w/ 11K miles. They are getting a 2010 GT500 in and I'm thinking of getting one anyway. I don't care for the rear that much but still thinking about it. I've been offered 25K and its worth it. With the mods and the new smell it still has helps out :bigthumbsup. I'm thinking about selling another car I have so I'll end up paying nothing for the 500, and then I'll go to modding it to a degree.
well...it might be a good idea...I know for damn sure you wont get that in a trade in...so it be kicking yourself in the shins practically if you did not sell it to him. a fellow enthusiast. as apposed to a dealer trade in.

Id do it, if you really want the gt500...its growing on me...every time i look at it it does get better.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A trade is out of the question. I'm not going to give it to them. I'm planning on the whipple this winter or I might just wait until next spring. Def cheaper than getting a 500.

·
Banned
269 Posts
If you can wait Id see what they have in mind for next year's stang. From what i've heard it sound like there bringing out an all new motor which I think is going to respond GM's new Camaro. Plus I would bet that it is going to be close to 400hp and have a DOHC setup. Its should be sweet, and probably worth the wait! :gringreen

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
i'm sure the "5.0" that they will have, maybe, for the 2011 mustang would be for the GT only. They'll keep the 5.4 for the GT500's.
If you can get a 2010 GT500, i say go for it. They are heavier than the Terminators and the Terminators are more rare than the GT500. But put a whipple on a GT500 and see how much power your making when compared to a whippled Terminator with same psi.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
From what the car testers have been saying the 2010 GT500 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 2007-2009 models in all aspects, handling, performance, comfort, build quality, etc.. I like the sleeker look of it too, GREAT Car! This Months Muscle Mustangs did a road test and LOVED it!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I have a terminator and would love to have a GT 500 if the opportunity presented itself. I have read that GT 500 may be getting an aluminum block later in the model year which will pair some 90 pounds off the front end. The New Shelby seems to have a lot of the basic mods that you put on a new mustang right off the bat. I'd probably just pulley, tune, open the exhaust, short throw shift it, and be be happy with it......for a while.:gringreen. I'm also not so sure the 5.4 will stay if the new "coyote" 5.0 is more efficient.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I like the sound of that aluminum Block change, that will give it better weight tranfer and quicker 1/4 mile et's!

·
Registered
331 Posts
The car is not gonna change that much for 2010. I have seen deals on Craigslist here in San Diego for 2008,2009 Gt500 that made me think about it . But I am at maximum cars right now.

Buy the GT500 they are nice cars but not new! Get one used with real low miles.You won't take such a hit on the car , but you will still get to enjoy. Terminators are bang for the buck power, but the gt500 is a notch up in class.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
??

The car is not gonna change that much for 2010.
I guess you didn't read this months Feature article on the 2010 GT500 in Muscle Mustangs?? What do you mean the car isn't changed from before?? Upgraded 6 speed with taller 5th and 6th gears,revised suspension, at 120 MPH in the wind tunnel it only makes 20 pounds of lift which is 75% better than the 07-09's, the 2010 feels the same at 120 as it does at 50 mph cause the center of gravity doesn't change. MM got a 12.67 1/4 et spinning and granny shifting through the gears with a 115 mph trap!! Hello that's an 11.80 with slicks! Evan Smith says it would have trapped 120 with traction!! Plus etc... etc.. etc...haha! I'm gonna get one of these used in 2011 with under 10K miles for about $25K and it's gonna be KILLER!! haha!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thinking the same thing

I'm gonna get one of these used in 2011 with under 10K miles for about $25K and it's gonna be KILLER!! haha!!:bigthumbsup[/quote] - This has crossed my mind as well.

The only good thing is that the termi was only made for 2 years. I sometimes wonder if these cars won't be worth more when they become 20 years old (ex. 69 Camaro). My dad had a 69 RS/SS and even though I'm a ford guy, I wouldn't be ashamed to own it. The 500 is a more advanced car but the question is how much money do you want to spend? 50K for a 500 or if you car is paid for, 8-10K (less if you can do your own work/install) and you have a whipple/inj/pumps,lt, and sra with 600+rwhp... not to mention what you already have invested.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Like I said not really that much difference.Its not a new chassis or engine. If thats what will get you to spend your money then their marketing is working. If I bought a 2008 gt500 and you bought a 2010 for 2 times the price we both still have gt500.
Not worth the money. The guy that buys a gt500 is buying it to say they have one. If you want a race car gut the 03-04 cobra, weld in a cage and race it.

Most tremies will be dead in 20 years. So you may be right about the values.

You can build or buy a better race car for your money if thats what you want. Other wise its just a heavy gt500 any way you slice it.

I am looking at a full blown road race car right now. Not street legal. It would smoke a gt500 on a race track. $12k with trailer.
If you want a cool car that won't go down in value buy a vintage or" real" shelby or cobra Jet. Not a new one that is gonna go way down in value.

Really the termie is more car for the money. If you spend some money on it. It would be a better performance car than a gt500 by far for less $$
But still not a vin ed Gt500
Which brings me back to the race car for $12k. Over $60k in the car for $12k.
No one can beat that

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you do decide to get the Shelby, definitely buy a slightly used car with less then 10k miles the following model year at a much better price. My '03 was the first '03 SVT delivered to New England and I bought it after the original owner traded her in after owning her for just 4 months with 5600 miles on it. I was able to get it just below MSRP of a brand new one. Given that the brand new Termi's were still listing at $10k-$15k over MSRP and were still a very rare commodity at the time, I feel that I got a great deal on the car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You all make good points. That is what I can't get over is the price when what I have is paid for. Although I would be selling 2 cars and owe nothing, its nice to have a extra 'family' car if something was to break and then not having a back up and needing it. You guys might just talk me out of it. :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.