Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on the sticker on the inside door jam of my car it says the build date was 10/06. Now, month and year are great but I wanted to know it down to the day. Well at the bottom of the sticker is a 13 digit serial number. Mine is 1200610111837 and as I understand it the number is X YYYY MM DD ZZZZ Where Y the year, M is month, D is day. But what do the X or Z numbers represent?

Good to know my build date is October 11th 2006

·
Registered
532 Posts
So on the sticker on the inside door jam of my car it says the build date was 10/06. Now, month and year are great but I wanted to know it down to the day. Well at the bottom of the sticker is a 13 digit serial number. Mine is 1200610111837 and as I understand it the number is X YYYY MM DD ZZZZ Where Y the year, M is month, D is day. But what do the X or Z numbers represent?

Good to know my build date is October 11th 2006
Maybe Z is time in military. So 6:37pm. Of course my thought on X was shift. If Z is true, then X woul dneed to be 0 = 1st, 1 = 2nd and so forth. I'll check mine tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The last 4 digits is the sequential blend number of your car. When the car's window sticker is created that is called the blend date and the car is assigned a blend number which is used to track the car as it goes down the line. The blend number is also the cars # in the current "Rotation" or batch of Mustang's being built.

Ron Davis
Webmaster for the GTCSregistry.com site

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I don't believe the vin has the build date down to the day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The VIN does not have any build date information the information is on the blue data tag inside the drivers door which has the Year,Month and day along with the sequential blend number. Also on most of the online window stickers the same information is located in the upper left corner of the window sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
LOL! I was totally wrong. Mine was built 07/23/2007 if the above is all true. Strange that it didn't sell until September 2008.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine was built on 8/18/06 and I bought it on 1/27/07.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.