Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
That sucks but it is good that they are getting on top of this problem now. I hope that everyone on the board will not have to go through this problem.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
onewildhart said:
If it isn't one thing (spoilers, IUPs) it is something else. Blue Oval News reported the 4.6L Mustang engine may be defective. Reportedly replaced one Mustang already. Anyway, here is the link, read it for yourself.
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/advisory/engines.2005stopship03jan05.htm
AHHH Yes, i see that blue oval is at it get again. If i had a nickle for every lie in the last year id have over a $100.00. the story was started on stang net. last i heard was the car was fixed an everybody was happy. Ill find the thread and post for you to read.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
That article was published BEFORE the 2005 Mustang hit the streets, some of the cars that got out of the assembly line were "factory-recalled" to be inspected and corrected if needed.

Note the dates at the top: "updated from 27 Sept., 04"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops, missed the small print. I guess Blue Oval News is trying to keep an old story new.

Sorry if I upset or misled anyone. If you need me, I'll be standing in the corner with a dunce cap on.:weeps

·
Registered
597 Posts
I work at a dealer and haven't heard of the recall or stop order for the 3-valve engines. I double checked the Ford dealers technical website and checked for any field service action, recall or special service massages . There were none,nada, zip, nothing at all about the 'defective' cylinderheads/engines. Blue Oval News loves putting up false "Ford documents", they put on up earlier this year about defective engines in the Ford GT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts