Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I recently noticed I was getting some sort of strange rattle from the front parts of my interior. I later realized that the noise is coming from something that fell through the defrost vent and is just rolling around in there. It is driving me bananas. Anyone know or tried to get into that vent?

P.S. Is there a fix for the vent problem where the floor would flow to the defrost and the floor when you choose JUST floor?

Thanks everyone in advance...

John

·
Registered
266 Posts
The system is designed to always keep a small ammount of air flow to the windshield. Why? I guess to keep the glass clear/defog.

Big trouble with your defroster vent. At our work last week a customer spent $ $ $ to R&R the entire dash to retrieve a fallen watch...

What about warranty? If it's a part of the car in the vent it will be covered. Now, if they find your hash pipe....

Carlos.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In reverse order, others have posted that the "floor" position always and intentionally sends a portion of the airflow up to the windshield. I don't think there's a fix because it's supposed to do that.

Now, about the object in the upper vent. I have not opened up under the dash in my '05, but have done so twice in other vehicles. I'd try every kind of magnet on a string, sticky tape, prayer, black magic, etc. to reach into the vent from above on the off chance of snagging whatever fell down. You might get lucky. Did I mention prayer?

Then, I'd get a factory manual on DVD and look at the diagrams for the upper vents, which I suspect are within an inch or two of the top of the dash, right up against the fire wall. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts