Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mustang GT currently with an h-pipe & no mufflers, but I want it louder. I already have the x-pipes without the cats, but what does it take to install them so that the car will run properly and not freak on me?

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Check out our late model sections and you'll find tons of great info. Essentially you'll need to put a tune on the car so the computer can adjust for the different air flow. It'd be a great time to open up some HP and get a CAI/ Tune combo.
Thanks for joining!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I have a 2006 Mustang GT currently with an h-pipe & no mufflers, but I want it louder. I already have the x-pipes without the cats, but what does it take to install them so that the car will run properly and not freak on me?
You need a tuner with a custom tune to turn off the rear oxygen sensors. We sell SCT tuners with free tunes for life for only $379. 1994-2011 4.6L 5.0L Ford Mustang SCT XCalibrator X3 SF3 Hand Held Tuner - Free Tunes for Life - UPR Products The S197 tuners make a huge difference!! Really though, if you buy a tuner, that would be a good time to add a cold air intake as well. These parts add around 40hp. :bigthumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts