Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car didnt fall off the carhauler, but the careless driver messed it up bad enough the dealer wont accept it- they want to return/reorder...fool somehow smashed forward ramps onto decklid hard enough to push spoiler an inch into the top of the quarter. repair involves pulling glass, bumper,roof filler strips, door mouldings to allow repainting the whole side to prevent blend problems, new decklid and spoiler...driver acted bored waiting for all the claim paperwork to get filled out- never even a 'sorry'...estimate was just over 2500 bucks, might be a while to get parts/scheduled...Ive waited , been stressed out for so long I was actually going to take it IF I COULD GET IT TODAY and bring back in week or two for repairs. no can do. has to be 100% fixed before they can even 'recieve' it so I can get that test drive. I think its just time to walk away.

Kzinti has been great, the dealer pretty much so too, but every other aspect of dealing with ford motor company has been nothing but greif. They didnt wreck the car, but they made getting it the biggest pain in the a$$ on earth. allocation ********, useless customer service, ****** carriers, even more useless factory support to the dealers...amazing how such a backwards corporation could have such great employees as the guys that brought the concept, engineered it, and the guys on the floor that put the elbow grease into building such a cool car. all the hard stuff they pulled off with flying colors, but they appear to have no clue or care as to pissing off a customer in anything regarding selling this fine machine...

pic of what might be the straw that broke this ol camels back:
[link]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/timeshareblues/images/asd207102%20083.jpg[link]

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
At least it just some body damage. Could be worse. Plus you're already beyond the phase where nothing has dented your car(but now it's gunna get fixed). So you won't feel you need to be so overprotective of the car.

As to the jerk who dented it, you prolly wouldnt get a sorry cuz I doubt those low level truck drivers have any manners or a brain in his head...which is why he is driving a truck for a living. I woulda chewed him out and made him cry, cuz I was nearly brought to the brink of insanity waiting for my car(4.5 months). Look at the bright-side...the car is therre waiing for you. Just amke sure that the dealer or whoever is repairing it replaces all those panels and doesnt just try and bang out the dents(I dont know how they could just bang em out but who knows) Sounds like this dealer owes you big time, maybe get them to throw you a favor down the road if you decide to mod the stang ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for your troubles,But get past the emotional side of this and pass on this car.

I have never seen a car properly repaired as well as the factory built it. Missing screws,over spray,color match,paint texture,alignment,rattles.

Good luck I would request the dealer to do a locate for you of a simular car and insist thats what they give you.

I am sure this repair will be recorded thru car fax as it seems all of the insurance companys are now selling that information.So with a $2500.00 dollar repair on a 30,000 dollar vechicle I wonder what the deminished value you should allready be recovering.?

G

·
screw that...dont you dare take that car unless they give you 5000 off (minimum) and fix it on the arm...(free to you)....thats nuts...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with ih2lose. There are GT's on dealer lots around the country. We have 2 on the lot here near out office -- make the dealer do a search for "your car". Expecially since you noted a low priority on accessories (leather steering wheel) I'm sure he can find a duplicate of your GT -- perhaps with more accessories, but not less. He at least owes you that and Ford should work with you as well since the carrier did the damage.:sterb: If necessary call for a factory rep and explain. Keep climbing the ladder of authority and with your dealer's support you can have a new GT arrive at your site.

Good Luck -- so sorry to see a fine vehicle trashed due to carelessness.
Mach 73

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wouldn't accept it either. I've been down that road with the ordering/waiting, so I know how you feel. Talk to the dealer and see if they could expedite a new order for you. Between your dealer and Ford Corporate, I've heard of expedited orders in bummer situations (like 3 weeks). Good luck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am sure this repair will be recorded thru car fax as it seems all of the insurance companys are now selling that information.So with a $2500.00 dollar repair on a 30,000 dollar vechicle I wonder what the deminished value you should allready be recovering.?[/QUOTE]

Excellent Analysis.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sandyman said:
I am sure this repair will be recorded thru car fax as it seems all of the insurance companys are now selling that information.So with a $2500.00 dollar repair on a 30,000 dollar vechicle I wonder what the deminished value you should allready be recovering.?
Excellent Analysis.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't accept the car. You paid for a new car, and damage has been done.

Tell the dealer to reorder with a 1 priority (Ford CAN make that happen). You'll get pulled immediately and build.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Problem is, I'm sure the dealer would have no trouble repairing it like new and selling it to someone else. Then again I would think the dealer would re-order an emergency order for you with the highest priority possible.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my1ststang said:
Excellent Analysis.
I wouldn't accept the car. You paid for a new car, and damage has been done.

Tell the dealer to reorder with a 1 priority (Ford CAN make that happen). You'll get pulled immediately and build.[/QUOTE]
believe it or not, I had the great fortune of getting this car at priority 1.
still took a month after vin. it will be snowing/dark after work in a month. its this car today at a big discount, a exact replacement this week(they got till tonight to find it), or i'm afraid I'm done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
it will be snowing/dark after work in a month. its this car today at a big discount, a exact replacement this week(they got till tonight to find it), or i'm afraid I'm done.

All the more reason to explain to your dealer if they can satify your needs (like tomorow) you mine as well wait untill march of 06 to take advantage of the off season discounts on the cars because you wont be able to drive the car till april of 06

Good luck

PS
My story went to pick up my 02 corvette and it had minor finger nail scratches on the hood from them peeling the protective coating off of the hood. I explained we would not axcept that car.I just drove 2.5 hours to pick up a perfect car and this one was not a perfect car.they put me up in a local hotel and had another one detailed the following day,

Dont axcept less then perfect

G

·
what a spot to be in....i fell in love with the car on sight...i'm not sure what i'd do...man did i want it...and man is it cooool...if the damage is limited to the bumper ALONE and there is absolutely no engine or undercarriage damage i'd take it with a minmum 5000 discount and free repair.....ford is not going to find you another one quick...every gt that has rolled off the assembly line has been sold...choices choices...MAYBE...just MAYBE...i'd be in the pontiac dealer looking at the gto if they keep playin around with ya....or preordering that solstice...it aint fast but its wicked lookin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't take the damaged car - it already has a loss in value due to the damages. :( There are at least 4 GTs setting on the lot at my local dealer, I am sure that sales have slowed down.I waited 3 months after placing the order for my car & ford still hadn't given me a vin, dealership changed hands and refused to honor the agreed on price. I canceled the order went on line and found my convertible 250 miles away and below sticker. Bad things happen, but you don't have to settle for something less than you want - cars cost too much to make due with one that you are going to hold on too for a long time.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Congratulations !!!!

JUST CAUGHT THIS OVER AT B.O. !!!!! Congratulations!!!! You are back in the waiting game!!!!
what a rollercoaster...

Guess my pleas to the big guys got thru-

gettin priority 1 pushed in, november build- guaranteed before christmas

and a cool letter from a VP for the (new) cars baby book!

just after giving up all hope. so hard to be patient about stuff like this, but I feel kinda revived...even if only couple hours sleep last couple days.

here we go again!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
man i would NOT take that car. i have been going bonkers waiting for mine and it looks like it'll be an early christmas present. (a week or so before im guessing) so i understand the wait. IT SUCKS, PERIOD. but when i finally take delivery on my 06, my 31K 06 i got x-planned at 28k fully loaded with every option... that SOB better be perfect. no dings, dents, or scratches. and no more than a few miles on the odo, or i aint taking it. YOU DONT WANT A DAMAGED CAR. it is not the same. you will be paying new car price for damaged, repaired goods. let it go and re-order. the best things come those who wait. you damn sure deserve priority 1 though, or quicker.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fleg said:
I'm kind of curious what the ERL says now. Have you called it?
erl just says the car was delivered to destination on order...think its still sitting all alone and filthy at the back of that lot...she'll find a new home in a month or so, and somebody will get a great deal on a pretty GT.

I got what I deserved though- obsession is not a healthy thing, had I gotten it, it would have owned me...

summary here:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=20966&view=findpost&p=248597

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
ford4v429 said:
erl just says the car was delivered to destination on order...think its still sitting all alone and filthy at the back of that lot...she'll find a new home in a month or so, and somebody will get a great deal on a pretty GT.

I got what I deserved though- obsession is not a healthy thing, had I gotten it, it would have owned me...

summary here:
I am glad everything is working out ok for you, especially the problems with the young one!, I think though some of that obsession was the wait, it can drive a sane person wacky, I wouldn't say I was obsessed, but any liitle bump in the road during the wait was really taking a toll on my mental health. But once I got it after 8 months, all that went away and I am now considering the priesthood. The truth is, we never grow up, boys, men, we always go crazy waiting for that new toy! I think once you get it (I think you said that you still are) I believe most of that obessivness will vanish. So take care of yourself and that family and I hope everything works out for you. :drink:

·
Registered
502 Posts
ford4v429 said:

summary here:
Ford4v -- That is really a good post over at blueoval, and probably more than a little needed for this Stanger owner who frets over blades of grass on the floor mat. We miss so many blessings that are freely given, and take for granted so many others...thanks for the reminder to keep the eyes on the Big Things.

I think you're ready for that Pony Car now, bro...enjoy it! BPRAYN4U...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts