Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Nate (Mysteed from 3.8mustangs) will ever PM me back, I'll be ordering his kit for the sixer. Nothing like bolting on an extra 80 horses. I'll be sure to take some pics and post them up as I install.

·
Registered
562 Posts
What kind of bolt on gives you 80 horses? That sounds too good to be true.

E

·
0 Posts
Are you really going to keep your stock bottom end with this build?
His stock bottom end will be fine. Many people have ran this setup with no issues. The ones who have ran this setup and have had issues, has been issues with user error. One guy was running super advanced timing by using meth injection, his tank ran out and blew his motor.

As long as he gets a 25% UDP and the right pulley for his eaton, he will be fine only running 8PSI. Nathans kit includes everything needed.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
His stock bottom end will be fine. Many people have ran this setup with no issues. The ones who have ran this setup and have had issues, has been issues with user error. One guy was running super advanced timing by using meth injection, his tank ran out and blew his motor.

As long as he gets a 25% UDP and the right pulley for his eaton, he will be fine only running 8PSI. Nathans kit includes everything needed.
Trust me, heat soak will be an issue on the hyper pistons. That is my opinion, so take it as you may. I'm also a bit confused. Are you telling him to get UDP's and an overdrive pulley for the M112?

E

·
0 Posts
Trust me, heat soak will be an issue on the hyper pistons. That is my opinion, so take it as you may. I'm also a bit confused. Are you telling him to get UDP's and an overdrive pulley for the M112?

Heat soak, yeah that will be an issue. But as long as he does not drag down the track one after the other without letting it cool then there should not be too big of a problem.

Could always get meth injection to cool it down.

And im not sure if the eaton pulley needs to be an OD pulley but I know you need the 25% UD pulley on the engine to get the right PSI.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Will someone please explain this set up to me>

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Heat soak, yeah that will be an issue. But as long as he does not drag down the track one after the other without letting it cool then there should not be too big of a problem.

Could always get meth injection to cool it down.

And im not sure if the eaton pulley needs to be an OD pulley but I know you need the 25% UD pulley on the engine to get the right PSI.
Uh, huh. That makes sense.......

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It is the M112 set up off of the 03-04 Cobra. Their is now an adapter plate for the 3.8/3.9L that allows the Eaton to sit on the engine. It is usually good for about 300hp with out any other major mods to the engine. It is the cheapest sc kit out for the 3.8/3.9L right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.