Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently acquired a complete Haynes manual for Mustangs 1964 1/2 - 1973 that covers all models and engine sizes (260, 289, 302, 351, 390, 427, 428, 429 cu in)

This particular post includes all of the engine specifications and internal component data (bore sizes, stroke, pistons, valve/camshaft specs, torque specs etc.).

There are 300 pages in the manual and I scanned all of them into my computer for easy access. Anyone that needs "how-to" info or ANY wiring diagram (I have all of them) should send me a message saying what info they need and I'll promptly post up the required pages.
:bigthumbsup

*FYI when you click on a picture it'll show up with the rest of the screen blacked out and you're going to want to click the picture again so it opens it in a new window. This will allow you to zoom in for easier viewing.*

Attachments

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I bought a Haynes manual for my Jeep, just so I could find all the lube points. Got to that section and all it said was "Find the grease fittings and grease. If no grease fittings are there install them". Threw that book away. Got another for info on the FE series of motors. Again, there was so much bad info in there I threw that one away also.
Be really careful on what you use for a reference.
I know you are trying to help everyone but until you find out some of the problems from the info, you will trust it. I've since stuck with Ford manuals and I've got a stack of them.
Dave

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a Haynes manual for my Jeep, just so I could find all the lube points. Got to that section and all it said was "Find the grease fittings and grease. If no grease fittings are there install them". Threw that book away. Got another for info on the FE series of motors. Again, there was so much bad info in there I threw that one away also.
Be really careful on what you use for a reference.
I know you are trying to help everyone but until you find out some of the problems from the info, you will trust it. I've since stuck with Ford manuals and I've got a stack of them.
Dave
Yeah I know, I've had the same problems with various manuals but I read through the entire thing before I trust it. If I'm going to post info from a manual I always double check what it says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts