Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im kinda a noob when it comes to s/c and tunning i just put my s/c on my car. A friend of mine(sold me the s/c) helped me do a tune so i can drive the car for transportation i have a tweccer and i can do base tunning with it but im not to great with it.

he got my a/f about 11 under boost (was about 8 at wot) but i can hear pinging at wot or in the higher revs, so i retarted the timing 8* on wot and the car fell on its face.
and when i shift since i only changed the timing at wot, it pings. i have 23 plugs gapped at .30 i just put them in today it helped slightly but its deffenetly still there.

i dont know what to do and i need help plz!!!
Greg

·
Registered
174 Posts
you need one number colder plug than stock. sounds like its too hot, or not getting enough feul. set your feul pressure regulator at about 44 and work your way up and try gapping your plugs at 50-60thousandths . dont advance the timing , i tried that 12 degree trick and 2 weeks ago i got a nice broken crank. Your going to have to get it tuned on a dyno to really get it to run right. I had a vortech v1 with a 10 pound pulley.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
50-60 thousandths is a little thick for boost dont you think? Specially without knowing what ignition He's running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.