Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know predictions on the power gains I could possibly see from my diablo chip. Modifications include:

2001 Mustang GT
-Bassani Off-road X
-Borla Catback (off a salen s-281)
- 1/2 TB spacer
-Cold Air intake

My best on 1/8 is a 8.8 with someone in the car, Im sure if I hooked I could see 8.7, 8.6. I just wanted to get an idea of a aggressive tune gain.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, i was debating gears, but im going the supercharger way and I didnt want to compromise top end power too much so I am thinking about going with 3.50's. I know its not much differance but that tenth off the 60ft would be nice.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I dunno if anyone makes 3.50's but 3.55 is a great gear for blown cars from what I've heard.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I would be shocked if you could actually feel the difference! I bought mine just to turn off the rear O2's and correct the speedo, anything more was just a bonus! Be honest with yourself, we all plan to go with a S/C, but is it realistic it the near future. A gear is the biggest gain you will get out of a bolt-on, and until I can afford that Procharger or Kenne Bell, I will enjoy every minute of the 4.10's I put in. In fact, I can't wait to put in my Zex kit with D/R's and run 7's in the 1/8. Of course those 4.10's might be a bit much with nitrous, but what the he!!:winks .

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
3.55 is what mach 1 and cobras have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.