Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been a while since I posted but, I am looking into buyin a programmer for my V6 stang. 5 speed. I hear that Diablo Sport Programmer is the best for our application but I want some more feedback. Is the programmer even worth it? What kinda HP and TQ should I expect? :evillol:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
Hey everyone, been a while since I posted but, I am looking into buyin a programmer for my V6 stang. 5 speed. I hear that Diablo Sport Programmer is the best for our application but I want some more feedback. Is the programmer even worth it? What kinda HP and TQ should I expect? :evillol:
They're like exhaust companies, every one has its fans.

They're all gonna' get you the same approximate numbers. Find the best deal, and go for it!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, how much power and torque should I expect?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
cool, how much power and torque should I expect?
Depends on which tune you use, and the condition your engine is in + mods you already have.

so you can count on approximately 6-17 hp. The reason it's so wide, is that there are so many variables.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, with just my exhaust and future intake, I wont generate that much more?
what else should I bolt on or add to my list of things to get?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
exhaust will give you up to 7-12 hp.

intake, 7-12 hp.

but you can't add them up. it works like a system.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know anywhere I can find some good pulleys for my 2000? I hear they are pretty good for freeing up some power? Also, how much would a port and polish cost and what kinda difference does it make?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
Do you know anywhere I can find some good pulleys for my 2000? I hear they are pretty good for freeing up some power? Also, how much would a port and polish cost and what kinda difference does it make?
RPMoutlet.com for 42% underdrivers are the best

port and polish would get you 5-10 hp, but when you swap cams it's worth A LOT MORE.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read on one of these threads that someone had "moved up the accelerator" or something like that. Im pretty sure he was talking bout the gas pedal. Not sure. Is there any way to improve throttle response like that?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
I read on one of these threads that someone had "moved up the accelerator" or something like that. Im pretty sure he was talking bout the gas pedal. Not sure. Is there any way to improve throttle response like that?
yeah, sometimes the carpet etc is too thick and you can't push the throttle to the floor.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One last question. lol. When I get my short shifter, the slowest thing is gonna be the clutch. What do you recomend for that? I mean, the clutch on the V6 mustang just takes too long to press down. Is there anything I can get to make it a shorter distance? or do I have to get a new clutch system and what kind?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:green
jamoshey said:
One last question. lol. When I get my short shifter, the slowest thing is gonna be the clutch. What do you recomend for that? I mean, the clutch on the V6 mustang just takes too long to press down. Is there anything I can get to make it a shorter distance? or do I have to get a new clutch system and what kind?
So, how would I get a faster clutch?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
:green

So, how would I get a faster clutch?
work out your left leg!

:thumbsup

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jamoshey said:

So, I was reading a little bit about the programmer and its said that, to generate the best hp gains with the programmer its best to do a port and polish job. Is that true? how much does that cost and how long does it take em to do it?
:drink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jamoshey said:
So, I was reading a little bit about the programmer and its said that, to generate the best hp gains with the programmer its best to do a port and polish job. Is that true? how much does that cost and how long does it take em to do it?
:drink:

:anianger: I just called everyone in the phone book I could think of that would possibly do a port and polish for a V6 mustang and no one could do it. :confused: I live in hawaii, does anyone have any info?????

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jamoshey said:
:anianger: I just called everyone in the phone book I could think of that would possibly do a port and polish for a V6 mustang and no one could do it. :confused: I live in hawaii, does anyone have any info?????
RPM-Mustangs.com
moranav6racing.com
supersixmotorsports.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.