Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been wanting to tune my car, but i dont know where to go. do i just buy the diablo tuner , or can i find a place that has one and let them do it? if i find a place that has one, how much is the the cost? also i know a guy that says he has some sort of tuner that he paid over 1000.00 for that works for many cars including mine. should i let him try it or is that a bad idea? i dont know the first thing about how this work, can anyone give me an a- z acount on how this is usually done? thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Hey man i bought my Diablo Sport Predator Tuner from foxperformance. they dont sell them anymore but it was 299.99 including shipping. I used to have a Diablo Chip that i had tuned from this place ( http://www.concoursdirect.com/99muv8prpr.html ) and they sell diablo sport predator for 399.99 including shipping and they give you for free the pc interface kit to hook up to PC and the wall adaptor so you can plug it in outside of the car.

you can not borrow diablo sport predators because you must download your original tune from car and upload the Performance one to car, there for the car and the tuner get "married'

How it works is, you plug it in your diagnostics port on the driver side where the console meets the dash.
After plugged in, it boots up and gives you a menus and instructions on how to tune and turn off the check engine light for example if you have a Off road xpipe, advance timming, fuel air mixture.... etc etc. all you have to do is follow along, plus the manual tells you what to do as well.

Not very hard i did my car in like 15min max. and along with the offroad xpipe i installed the predator and that dropped me .4 sec on 1/4 time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great, thanks for the help. the info was very helpful.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
no problem, let me know what you get and how you like it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.