Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 mustang gt. and the tuner was set up for it when i bought the car and now I plan on getting a different engine. and probaly a different tuner and was going to let my friend use my tuner. he has a 03 mach 1. but when we went to retune it. it said this device not set up for engine or vehicle. how do I reprogram this to work on his vehicle. I have no experience with the tuner but does work on my car

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Did you remove it from your car first? It is married to 1 car at atime.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didnt know I had to do that, I can unmarry it from plugging it and selecting an option to unregister car then plug it into the other car and sync it to that car?

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
No... The dudes who invented the tuner were smart enough to consider that someone might buy a tuner and then tune all his buddy's cars for $100 bucks each and make bank. So they made the tuner so that it would VIN lock to one specific car. You can send it to the manufacturer to unlock it, or some tuners can be unlocked for a fee by plugging it into the USB port on your laptop and "re-flashing" it or whatever the hell you want to call it.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
You can unlock the tuner by plugging into your car, select "performance tune", and then select "original backup". Follow the prompts the device gives you, and about 90 seconds later your car will have a factory tune and the tuner will be unlocked for use in another vehicle.

If you are planning on using a different tuner in the future, you would need to do this anyway.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No I didnt know I had to do that, I can unmarry it from plugging it and selecting an option to unregister car then plug it into the other car and sync it to that car?
To unlock the tuner you have to put the original tune back into your car then it will work on your friends car.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Some you can just plug into your car and unmarry.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Damn I always open a thread then come back to it later, guess I need to stop doing that so I don't post the same answer as everyone else after everyone else.

·
Registered
465 Posts
SR, when I read your first post I said to myself "I've never seen him (you) mis-fire before". You're forgiven, dude. :yup:

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
I ****** my answer all up so disregard it, and feel free to tell me I'm an idiot who failed at reading comprehension.
It's alright bro, let's just blame it on the sauce and move on.....

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
lmao.....it says the tuner brand in the Thread title....oh well, I f*cked up.:gringreen

I also have nothing to add other then go to the support site for that brand tuner if you still have problems.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
You can unlock the tuner by plugging into your car, select "performance tune", and then select "original backup". Follow the prompts the device gives you, and about 90 seconds later your car will have a factory tune and the tuner will be unlocked for use in another vehicle.

If you are planning on using a different tuner in the future, you would need to do this anyway.
Quoting myself here....

Feel free to ask how it is I might know this information.

Ok I'll just save you the trouble, I got it from the user manual for Diablosport Predator model # U7146. I paraphrased slightly, but there should be very little lost in translation between what I posted and how the procedure is stated in the manual.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
^^ I think you mean to say, "stoopider".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts