Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year i bought a JLT Cold Air and a diablo tuner package now i am switchin to SCT tuner and i want to sell my diablo, will that work for another car with out the cold air or is that thing usless now with out the cold air.??

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
It will work on any car, that model specific. But it will have to be cleared and set up with their comp code...
which I think may cost a pretty penny.

·
Banned
612 Posts
What?

All that happens (when you first use(D) the tuner) is the stock tune is uploaded (backed up) to the diablosport and stored in its internal memory, then the programmer rewrites/replaces the stock tune with whatever tune you select by the diablosport to the computer memory of the car. During that time, you cannot use the tuner with another vehicle, as your VIN and other details are stored on the device. I do believe the tuner can be used on other vehicles for diagnostic use only (to read/reset error codes).

When you decide you want to divorce the tuner, all you do is reload the stock tune that was stored on the device back on the vehicle, and once it's unmarried it can be reused on another vehicle.

The diablosport should have 87-91-93 tunes (using factory airbox) in addition to custom tunes that come with it. I bought a used U8000 and it has around 10 different tunes loaded on it, K&N, Steeda, AIRAID, JLT and so on. It depends on the model number and what tunes were preloaded but you should be able to add different tunes to the unit, as I have read that it can be done.

It should not need any service from the manufacturer at all. You can also visit the diablosport.com chat forum and people can email you tunes and you can upload the tune to the tuner, save them to your computer, etc.

It will require some reading and skill on the buyers part with the tuner and computer (follow the instructions to the letter), just read it 10x before you start doing anything.

If the programmer works, which it does, as long as you've loaded the stock tune back to the car, the rest is really not your problem. But the answer is it's still useable by anyone. They just have to decide what cai to run and naturally it would make sense that they work within the tunes allowed on the unit before buying the intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts