Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

so i just got a REALLY good deal on C&L racer cold air intake and a diablosport handheld tuner. My question is who offers custom email tunes for diablosport other then BAMACHIPS.... just looking to consider my options and prices really...I know Bama is good but is there anyone else out there that had good diablosport tunes.... not too rich and not too lean... just concerned about air/fuel.

The reason i went with diablosport is unfortunatley no one here in BC does custom dyno tuning with SCT and I figured if I ever had issues and needed custom dyno tuning then i would be so out of luck with the SCT.... thus the purchase of a diablosport!

Also is it okay to install the cold air and use the tunes from diablosport while i wait for custom tunes? any issues with that?

will i need anything else to upload the email tune files to the diablosport?

THANKS A BUNCH :bigthumbsup ... cant wait to get all this stuff and get it on the car... summer is finally here!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
You can use the diablosport tunes while you wait. Not too many out there who offer email tuning though.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried going on there web site and see if they list the dealers?
your a smart man! i tried that just now.... there are way too many dealers that come up with no way of filtering it down.... its hard to go through every vendor to figure out which ones do custom email tunes.... Im not so worried about that anymore... I figure Bama is a well known name amongst the community here... so ill just get it from Doug.... I was just curious if there was anyone else well known as bama for diablosport.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
your a smart man! i tried that just now.... there are way too many dealers that come up with no way of filtering it down.... its hard to go through every vendor to figure out which ones do custom email tunes.... Im not so worried about that anymore... I figure Bama is a well known name amongst the community here... so ill just get it from Doug.... I was just curious if there was anyone else well known as bama for diablosport.
you can't go wrong with Doug.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can't go wrong with Doug.:bigthumbsup
yah.... you cant really go wrong with bamachips.

now if someone with a diablosport could chime in and let me know whether you need anything additional to upload tune files to the tuner itself would be great!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will need the software from diablo's site to communicate with the tuner.. and you will need a serial cable to usb .. or just serial to serial to connect the tuner to your computer... the tuner might already be full with box tunes so you may have to delete on just pick one you know you will never use and then upload the new tune... I have never done this yet but I'm pretty good with comps hehe and thats what their site says too :shigrin

When all else fails, find a local dyno shop cause from what I am noticing, diablo is really popular up here in Canada ( I have a diablo sport tuner too ) and most dyno shops handle them and only charge 110ish for a quick tune ( compared to the 80 US= approx 100cdn and your time hooking it all up etc )

Just my 2 cents.. Let me know how it goes though!!!

Oh and using the box tune is fine, thats what I am running right now and am staging out my mods so when I need a dyno.. I have more than just one mod to cause it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will need the software from diablo's site to communicate with the tuner.. and you will need a serial cable to usb .. or just serial to serial to connect the tuner to your computer... the tuner might already be full with box tunes so you may have to delete on just pick one you know you will never use and then upload the new tune... I have never done this yet but I'm pretty good with comps hehe and thats what their site says too :shigrin

When all else fails, find a local dyno shop cause from what I am noticing, diablo is really popular up here in Canada ( I have a diablo sport tuner too ) and most dyno shops handle them and only charge 110ish for a quick tune ( compared to the 80 US= approx 100cdn and your time hooking it all up etc )

Just my 2 cents.. Let me know how it goes though!!!

Oh and using the box tune is fine, thats what I am running right now and am staging out my mods so when I need a dyno.. I have more than just one mod to cause it. :bigthumbsup
thanks bud... thats all i needed to know... serial to usb cable it is.

and yes, the diablosport is popular with canadian vendors... i would have much preferred the SCT Xcal 3 .... but oh well.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also, does anyone have any experience with bamachips in terms of his tunes.... he has three kinds: torque, performance and race.... i was thinking of getting the 93 race... would that be perhaps too much for a daily driver? maybe stick to the 93 performance?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
also, does anyone have any experience with bamachips in terms of his tunes.... he has three kinds: torque, performance and race.... i was thinking of getting the 93 race... would that be perhaps too much for a daily driver? maybe stick to the 93 performance?
I like Doug`s Race tune. Not reall happy with his customer service lately.They got a new guy named Matt, and he thinks he knows as much as Doug. Doug is very busy, and seems to have no time to talk to his loyal customers. I am not happy about this.I have spent some good money with him. As much business as I have sent him , and for him to talk to me with disrespect just pisses me off. That guy Matt should practice safe sex and go F*** himself. I am done with Bama chips.You get to big, and forget who got you there . Big Mistake! Huge! I will not be sending any one his way ever again. Hell I sent 5 guys from my track. I hope they do not get treated like s***.
I called Chris at Tillman`s yesterday,and want to try his tune out. I am in marketing, and I will sell who ever wins my business.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Use a dyno shop mano.. you will get much much better results than a mail order.. BUT if all y ou have is a Cai then use j ust the box tune... You dont really need more than that till you get into more serious mods. :bigthumbsup

The box CAI tunes with your predator is for 91 octane.. which where I am is the most I can get without going to a husky.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
STMOTORSPORTS Forgetabout Bama :nono:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.