Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, new user here.

I have an '05 S197, with an exhaust and K&N intake.

I'm debating picking up a Steeda short-throw and a Diablosport predator, but I'm relatively inexperienced with electronics (and cars themselves for that matter, although I did install the intake and exhaust on my own), so how good is the Predator? Can you feel the increase in power? Can you reset it back to factory settings so I don't void the warranty?

Also, the Steed charge plates or whatever? Can someone explain to me how they help and the complexity of the install?

Last question, what else should I buy if not the Predator now?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
HoofBeat06 said:
Ok, new user here.

I have an '05 S197, with an exhaust and K&N intake.

I'm debating picking up a Steeda short-throw and a Diablosport predator, but I'm relatively inexperienced with electronics (and cars themselves for that matter, although I did install the intake and exhaust on my own), so how good is the Predator? Can you feel the increase in power? Can you reset it back to factory settings so I don't void the warranty?

Also, the Steed charge plates or whatever? Can someone explain to me how they help and the complexity of the install?

Last question, what else should I buy if not the Predator now?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to our site!

The Predator is second only to the SCT X-Calibrator and X-Calibrator 2, get the X-Cal 2! It is easy to use for your aplication but for best resoult see a professional tuner, or order your tuner with a custome tune from a good (tuning) shop... Therer is plenty, the one of my choise is www.modulardepot.com Ken there who will be your tuner is one of the best known and skillful modular tuners in the US! Just read the mags, he's mentioned three times (that I saw) in the latest 5.0, most noticelbly as the tuner in the 05 CAI test!

You WILL feel the power! If you have an auto even more through tuning the shifts!

It can be tuned back to stock!

The CMDP are great but not an 'at home install'! I'd go (to answer your question on what to get at the same time);

SCT Tuner
CAI
UD Pulleys
LT Headers
CMDP's

In that order...

Good Luck and feel free to ask any and all Q's!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Forget the ud's and go for an electric water pump if that is an option for you. I have yet to research it, but it gives more power back to the motor than ud pulleys.
Also, one of the mags recently had a section on CDMP installation and imo it looked as though it could be done at home. Of course each mod requires a tune.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
.The CMDP's are definately a job... talking about removing the top half of you engine. Not a Beginners Job.

The long tubes are also not exactly an easy job.

Oh and Welcome:wavey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice and welcomes!! :) Where's a place I can get the X-Cal 2? The Predator runs about $399, about how much is the XC2?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
HoofBeat06 said:
Thanks for the advice and welcomes!! :) Where's a place I can get the X-Cal 2? The Predator runs about $399, about how much is the XC2?
www.modulardepot.com, www.brenspeed.com, e-bay, or any other retailer that sells Mustang upgrades most likely will sell the x2. The two links I included are well respected sources. There are many many other good shops. Pick up an issue of your favorite mustang mag and its sure to have articles and/or ads from reputable suppliers. The XC2 and Predator are priced the same.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You can find them both for a little less than that...

Again, I would hanbds down, get mine from www.modulardepot.com and have Ken as my tuner...!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Forget the ud's and go for an electric water pump if that is an option for you. I have yet to research it, but it gives more power back to the motor than ud pulleys.
Also, one of the mags recently had a section on CDMP installation and imo it looked as though it could be done at home. Of course each mod requires a tune.
The install is pretty easy, the gains are not 10-15, or 12 HP as they say... Okay, they may be but at 1500 RPM when there is not enough engine speed to suport all accessories... Do you need it there? The gain in the higher register and at the top is less than 5 while the UDP's give around 10... :happyhapp

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
kj_cinci said:
The install is pretty easy, the gains are not 10-15, or 12 HP as they say... Okay, they may be but at 1500 RPM when there is not enough engine speed to suport all accessories... Do you need it there? The gain in the higher register and at the top is less than 5 while the UDP's give around 10... :happyhapp
Would I have a problem with UDP's when adding a supercharger, since it comes with its own pulley? I think I would need a new balancer at that point because once the balancer is attached I think it is impossible to remove that pulley without damaging it, no?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Would I have a problem with UDP's when adding a supercharger, since it comes with its own pulley? I think I would need a new balancer at that point because once the balancer is attached I think it is impossible to remove that pulley without damaging it, no?
You would have a problem (unless you wanna down tune your SC with lower boost...?!?) My OEM pulleys are intakt and I'll reinstall them with my SC, and I guess sell the UDP's...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts