Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking researching this programming module a little. How easy is it to work with? Are there any recommendations for a "beginner" such as myself? And how necessary is it to use one of these when you change to a CAI and performance exhaust?

·
Registered
352 Posts
IT is a must..!!!!

Most are easy..

·
Registered
191 Posts
very easy to work with, esp. if you get the C&L intake, since Diablo has a canned tune for that.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:evilchuck What he said!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
You can't go wrong with the C&L/Predator combo. This (or a similar setup) should be everyone's first mod. It'll really wake up your Mustang.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So in using this programmer, did you guys have to fine tune, or is there just a preset that works best?

I've seen the information about paying for a custom tune, but I'm not doing anything major to the car at the moment that would warrant having to pay for a custom tune and it just wouldn't seem to benefit at the moment.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Sandwich said:
So in using this programmer, did you guys have to fine tune, or is there just a preset that works best?

I've seen the information about paying for a custom tune, but I'm not doing anything major to the car at the moment that would warrant having to pay for a custom tune and it just wouldn't seem to benefit at the moment.
Diablosport has free custom tunes for the C&L available on their web site. They will work well if the C&L is your only mod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I should have researched CAI's a little more before ordering the Ford Racing one. And what's most unfortunate is the fact that the program module that comes with that CAI is one that doesn't work with the 06 MY, or so I've heard.

Do you think that the FR CAI and the C&L provide comparable air flow, or at least close enough for the pre-set tune provided for the C&L will work?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It should be just fine. The CAI won't chnge the air flow incredibly to be honest. The biggest improvement will probably be in throttle response. If the canned Predator tune for the C&L plenum is too lean, you can put more fuel in the tune with the predator very easily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The C&L pretune for the Diablosport, can it be found online free or is there a fee to receive it? This will probably be the route that I will go.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Sandwich said:
The C&L pretune for the Diablosport, can it be found online free or is there a fee to receive it? This will probably be the route that I will go.
It is free.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
is there a link that has this for sale?

·
Registered
454 Posts
You've got to fine tune it if you want the most out of it. Dyno run with the 93 tune was: 269.11 hp and 276.76 torque. After a little fine tuning: 273.90 hp and 284.93 torque. The "canned tune" is pretty close but as you can see with a little bit of tweaking I gained almost 5 hp.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sandwich said:
Do you think that the FR CAI and the C&L provide comparable air flow, or at least close enough for the pre-set tune provided for the C&L will work?
The Diablosport Predator C&L tunes will NOT work with the Ford Racing CAI.
The FRPP CAI is 90mm while the C&L is 85mm. Can anyone say check engine light

1 - 14 of 14 Posts