Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
My dad just recently bought a 1967 mustang coupe that came from the factory (i checked the vin) with a bench seat up front, air conditioning, and a 3 speed manual. I never knew any were made like that until i saw this one.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I don't see anything that says A/C was not offered with a bench seat. I am sure it would be very rare on a 65-66 model because of the underdash A/C unit. I found a vintage photo of a 1965 Bench Seat Car Automatic with underdash A/C in one of my old Ford referance books. You can hardly see the a/c unit because the photo is showing the bench seat off.

·
Registered
547 Posts
In 1965, Ford produced 14,905 hardtops with bench seats. They produced only 2,111 convertibles with bench seats. If you have a convertible with a factory installed bench seat, you have a rare Mustang. I don't think there is any way to determine if one of these cars had hactory air unless you still have the original paperwork.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Order the Marti report and it will give you the numbers on your car. You can also check the codes on the door plate and use the Mustang VIN Decoder online (Google it) to confirm the trim of your car. There were as I remember, north of 7500 bench seat coupes in 67 - the factory air in 67 was integrated in the dash so the bench made no difference. The bench was an option as was the A/C. Marti report will tell you how rare. Enjoy the stang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.