Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading 07RedfireGT's post about getting the car out for a run got me twitching. Not bad at first, then more ...still more... I screamed like someone drank my last beer. Maybe worse. Yeah, lots worse. I grabbed my keys & the garage opener, & sprinted toward the garage. Well, briskly walked. It beckoned me to start it. I did. As it warmed, the throaty growl consumed my fears of dirt & salt. Quickly I scanned the driveway, it was dry. Ok, we all get it. I tanked it up and after warm , I turned on the interstate behind two trucks. Bummer. The second truck was a shorter cargo truck with apparently poor or misdirected mirrors. I could clearly see the words "oh, shiite" formed as his eyes widened AS HE CHANGED LANES AS I WAS NEXT TO HIM. Bigger bummer. My brakes work just fine. I had downshifted to 3rd,signal on and mashed the happy pedal, shifted into 4th and he got up close & personal. It felt good to get the GT out,as opposed to the Camry. Can't wait to get the recall fixed and the CAI, UDPs, Boomtubes,Tunes and X-pipe installed. The best thing ...there were no puddles of rust..I mean salt. 4 months later, it still loves me. :banana:

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Great story! I can see your smile!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perma -Grin. They'll think I was up to something at work if I can't wipe off this silly grin.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I am glad for you Patrick. It is a great feeling. And yes Mark well said.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Reading 07RedfireGT's post about getting the car out for a run got me twitching. Not bad at first, then more ...still more... I screamed like someone drank my last beer. Maybe worse. Yeah, lots worse. I grabbed my keys & the garage opener, & sprinted toward the garage. Well, briskly walked. It beckoned me to start it. I did. As it warmed, the throaty growl consumed my fears of dirt & salt. Quickly I scanned the driveway, it was dry. Ok, we all get it. I tanked it up and after warm , I turned on the interstate behind two trucks. Bummer. The second truck was a shorter cargo truck with apparently poor or misdirected mirrors. I could clearly see the words "oh, shiite" formed as his eyes widened AS HE CHANGED LANES AS I WAS NEXT TO HIM. Bigger bummer. My brakes work just fine. I had downshifted to 3rd,signal on and mashed the happy pedal, shifted into 4th and he got up close & personal. It felt good to get the GT out,as opposed to the Camry. Can't wait to get the recall fixed and the CAI, UDPs, Boomtubes,Tunes and X-pipe installed. The best thing ...there were no puddles of rust..I mean salt. 4 months later, it still loves me. :banana:
Good for you! :shiny: I don't know how y'all do it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great description! I know exactly how you were feeling. I'm getting mine out of storage tomorrow!!! :gringreen I've been anxious all week long. I finally get to drive it more than to the end of the driveway and back! Hopefully spring is here to stay. Snow sux!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Haha, I too have been sneaking mine in and out of the snow / rain to the shops to get things installed and then taking a hour or two driving it around town afterwards.

I don't know what I'd do if all of a sudden the weather got nice and then I had to put the car in the shops to get this stuff done :happydance: I don't know if my patience extends that far!

If you're not putting these things on yourself, you should bring it to the shop in the down time so you don't have more down time added to the crappy weather.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That is cool. I know you hear others talking about what they are doing to there cars or where they took them and it gets you all amped up to get out and do something to her.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Oh Happy Day.I hope this cold wet snowy weather ends soon.I finally got my new tags on so its nice to be back on the road since Nov.1

Its nice to hear someone still has Mustang fever.Have fun this summer!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Good feeling, isn't it?
I've got my first show of the season tomorrow, that's if it doesn't rain.;)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Good for you... For you Northern Tier guys it's like getting a new car every Spring :)
Or for some others, it's like four-bying in your Mustang, all winter :(

It's still snowing here. Me and CHARLIE_MORMAN are about 70 miles apart. Down where he is, they get loads of snow too and the kids in the next town over, got the day off. It's like kids in Minnesota getting a snow day. Imagine how much you would need to shut down a school that has heated walkways?

The steam plant runs it's tunnels under the sidewalks so in the winter, they are clear and dry, all the time. Uber-cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.