Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the low down......

Anyways, just got my car yesterday night and already put about 300 miles on it......
However, im not sure if i have abused the car....heheh =) [Ive kinda driven it like it was stolen.....Shifting between 5k-6k rpm, going over 80 MPH, going almost 1/2 way on the gas. Furthermore, ive been reving the engine to about 4k-5k before i let the clutch out from a dead stop]

im getting this funky smell ALSO...... & SMOKE......

anyways......how will this affect the life of my car....and is there anyway to reverse this???

·
Registered
829 Posts
Are you kidding? Is this post for real?

Well if you are for real.... just what kind of brain is in your head? It seems you are smart enough to know what you are doing yet, you acted like you didn't know better a day ago....

Yeah I would say you broke all the rules on doing a proper break in. You will forever pay for that in many ways. They will reveal themself in ways you described as well as a host of other things down the road. How many other cars have you owned, what were they and how long did they last?

myromac87 said:

Anyways, just got my car yesterday night and already put about 300 miles on it......
However, im not sure if i have abused the car....heheh =) [Ive kinda driven it like it was stolen.....Shifting between 5k-6k rpm, going over 80 MPH, going almost 1/2 way on the gas. Furthermore, ive been reving the engine to about 4k-5k before i let the clutch out from a dead stop]

anyways......how will this affect the life of my car....and is there anyway to reverse this???

·
Registered
487 Posts
myromac87 said:

Thats not proper break in.....you need to keep the rpm's in the "red zone" for at least 30 minutes. Then your engine shoud be "broke in"

As far as the funky smell and smoke....just can't smoke weed in the car without letting the windows all the way down!!! Geezz...and make sure you have a supersize bag of Lays potato chips in the back seat...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You allready know you're a moran so I'm not going to say that.... :rolleyes:

You'll be fine though... it will last at least until end of warranty!

Many now days say drive it like you always will... but com'N! You coulda given her a few 100 miles to move some oil, bearings, parts around!! :sterb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
with that kind of abuse, that warranty will end sooner than he thinks. isn't there a Mustang protective services bureau we can alert? let's get that car in a foster home pronto!

N

·
0 Posts
is it under warranty...ofcourse...i might have waited a bit before the real abuse but oh well....they have to fix it for you...dont sweat it...have fun...i barely drive my precious...i'm still abusing my 2000....it runs great and i beat it all the way up and down the coast for five years...i cant wait to really abuse my 2006...maybe yours will last seven years instead of the 25 years most of your critics cars will last...so what..oil willl have run out by then anyway and their cars will be glorified museum pieces while we abuse our new hover cars....keep on going poney rider!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
that post makes me want to hit the revlimiter more. i thought i abused mine after hitting it only once. just gave my car its 3rd oil change at 7000mi guess its time for real abuse!! lol.vynle:laughlitt

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Driving it like it was stolen, sounds more like you are driving it like you want to kill it :shocked: and on top of that you want to put Nitros on it? Maybe you should start with a Bradley tank.
Most likely you just about destroyed your clutch, and that ain't going to be covered by warranty.

By the way I am guessing that you are under 20 years old and never had a muscle car, correct?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
myromac87 said:

Hey,
No worry bro! The googans at the factory did all that for you before it went on the truck :laughlitt I always check the wheel wells for rubber chunks if I have to leave the car anywhere for service :eyebulge:

·
Registered
465 Posts
myromac87 said:

Come on now.........surely you jest? If you are serious, you need to show the car a little more respect.........

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
myromac87 said:

Well if this post if for real....the smell is the new exhaust system breaking in. It will go away after a while. The only thing your hurting is your wallet when you keep gasing it like that from stops and shifting at 5-6k RPM.

N

·
0 Posts
...absolutely...i sit with my car no matter how long i have to when i go to the shop...the mechanics were whipping a v6 around in the shop like crazy....i kept giving them the death stare when they kept looking at my striped gt and quickly looking to see if i was still there...if i had a nickel for every time i heard "it may be awhile if you want to get something to eat we'll call you"....NEVER trust mechanics with this new mustang
sonny1213 said:
Hey,
No worry bro! The googans at the factory did all that for you before it went on the truck :laughlitt I always check the wheel wells for rubber chunks if I have to leave the car anywhere for service :eyebulge:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts