Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new fuel pump wont come on now?? All I did was lossen the manifold bolts and mess around the back on the manifold trying to fix a coolent line that goes from the throttle body to the back of the lower intake. I was going to take the upper intake off but change my mind because I will leave that up to my mechanic. Relays are good, the red button is down on the safty switch. and all of my fuses are good ??

·
Registered
516 Posts
double and triple check your connections on the pump itself. take a multimeter and check for voltage at the pump with KOEO. you are probably going to need a friend to give you a hand with that one because the pump will shut off after the pressure builds up.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Hopefully, you're just not hearing it because it's new.
If you just put the pump in, and the fuel lines were open, then you need to repressurize your lines. It takes at least ten or fifteen seconds of continuous pumping to get the fuel all the way through the rail. You can make the pump run continuously by: Find the six terminal diagnostic connector (rear of driver side shocktower-or hanging under the master cylinder) and hold it so that it looks like a little house with two terminals up top and four terminals along the bottom. Connect the BOTTOM RIGHT terminal to a good ground and then turn the key to run. The pump will run continuously. You can hear the fuel coursing up to, and through the rail. Turn the key off and remove the jumper wire. It should start like normal. Did you mess with any of the two giant electrical connectors next to the EGR? Make sure everything is secure.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
meangreen92 said:
Did you mess with any of the two giant electrical connectors next to the EGR? Make sure everything is secure.
Giant , that made me laugh. They are giant. I would try pushing those two connectors together tightly.

Sounds like a bad fuel pump relay if you ask me.

Does the car crank and get spark but wont come on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.