Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fairly well! I was one of the faster cars out there, granted I was 6 seconds behind the fastest time.... Miatas man.. But the car did pretty well for not having any suspension work done and only 2.73 gears. The car does have a ton of body roll stock, and under heavy breaking the nose of the car slams down haha, but it still was a ton of fun. The brakes worked very well too, I could slam them down at 50mph and make it into a turn very late.

I'm the photographer for my local car event guys, called University Car Events, and I took a ton of pictures Saturday. I'm going to link my photography page so you guys can check out the pictures of my car and others racing. There were quite a few Mustangs out there racing, me being the only 3.7 but I made friends with a GT500 owner who I was chasing times with all day, only got me by like a second or two in the end.

Anyways, if you're on facebook check out my photography page and give it a like! Thanks a lot guys!

Oh! And I have gopro video as well, just need to upload that and I'll post it too.

This link should work even if you don't have a facebook either guys! I know a lot of you out there don't.

Thanks again guys!:worship

LINK:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.278728215594408.1073741826.269526106514619&type=1&l=48f0dd893f

·
Registered
365 Posts
I got rid of my 94 Miata in November, when I got my '12 Mustang.. I had the Miata for 6 years... had the suspension all upgraded, and did a number of track events with it at Thunderhill Raceway.. it was AWESOME to be able to catch up to (and pass) Corvettes and other cars because they couldn't negotiate turns nearly as fast as I could.. of course, as soon as we got back to the straightaway, they'd blow by me at 130mph as I was peddling along at 95 ... Miatas are REALLY good with the turns :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
ah, I miss autoxing my Focus. looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used to autocross my Mustang when I was still living in CA. Had a ton of fun with it. It sure does like to understeer though, and the 2.73 gears make it tricky to pull out of a low speed turn with a sense of urgency unless you downshift into 1st.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would love to autocross mine! But not till i get 3.73's. Hauling thru town i notice when i rip around turns i am never in my torque range to pull out of the apex properly.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luckily the course was small enough for me to stay in 1st the whole time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts