Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I used to have silver rally stripes on my GT/CS I pulled them off due to not liking them.

Since I bought the car in NJ, it had horrible looking license plate holes in the bumper. I made some silly fillers to put in them when I took the car down to Carlisle, and they didnt satisfy me.

So I got the whole bumper re-done and patched the holes, also painted my CS Grille Black, and Painted my Coil Covers White for the engine. I installed some smoked turn signals on the bumper and some hood struts as well.

Heres what she looked like before:

And After with holes filled and other mods:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tasteful, elegant, aggressive, amazing, great job man. The minor changes definitely make a difference. IMO these new mustangs look the best of any mustang, save for maybe the Eleanor :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
wow that looks clean! I have the same problem with the license plate holes. I don't think I'll spend the money/time to fill the bumper though.

Did you pick up the side markers off AM?

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes very tasteful IMO nice job

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice! Great job!

·
Registered
176 Posts
:bigthumbsup Looks good, I was wondering about doing the coil covers in white...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow that looks clean! I have the same problem with the license plate holes. I don't think I'll spend the money/time to fill the bumper though.

Did you pick up the side markers off AM?
Ebay. I think they are the same ones AM sells, at least the look exactly the same :p

I hope to get some better pictures when its outside, my garage is kind of cramped :)

RTR Wheels coming soon to complete the white/black theme!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Black billet is where it's at for these beauties :bigthumbsup Lookin great!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i was going to paint my coil covers white but at the last minute decided to go blue. now i have the coil covers off anyways it looks great with out them.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
obviously the bumper looks super clean with the holes filled but honestly you must be a perfectionist as I think your plugs were fine looking. I had the plate holes too and I simply made my own little plugs and Im happy with them

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
obviously the bumper looks super clean with the holes filled but honestly you must be a perfectionist as I think your plugs were fine looking. I had the plate holes too and I simply made my own little plugs and Im happy with them
I am a bit of a perfectionist lol. They seriously bothered me, especially because here in PA we dont need front plates.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I am a bit of a perfectionist lol. They seriously bothered me, especially because here in PA we dont need front plates.
Car looks amazing. I look forward to seeing more pics. Did you know 2012 GT/CS's come with black billet grills? Also, how much did the bumper holes cost to repair? Thank you!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is that tri-pony emblem the same in all the photos? In the last picture, it looks like the bars on the emblem are "angled" a bit, perhaps it's just the photo though?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I love it! First-rate job. I also love your garage flooring and how clean it looks. It shows the perfectionist IMO.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times in here, but what kind of prep work does it take to paint the coil covers? Is there a need for sanding, primer, etc?

Also, what paint did you use on the coil covers?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love it! First-rate job. I also love your garage flooring and how clean it looks. It shows the perfectionist IMO.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times in here, but what kind of prep work does it take to paint the coil covers? Is there a need for sanding, primer, etc?

Also, what paint did you use on the coil covers?
I used Krylon Fusion plastic paint. I didnt do any sanding, but I did clean them thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol. I did like 3-4 coats of that, then after 3-4 coats of clear coat. I am not sure how its gonna hold up as I havent driven it yet lol :p I will let you know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.