Ford Mustang Forum banner

Did you monkey with your sound tube?

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I thought that most people would just pull this thing and plug the holes in the intake and firewall, but it seems I may have been wrong in my initial impression.

So what sayeth you AFM...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Undecided here.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I just changed the mufflers. It sounds the way I want now. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
removed mine the first week of owning the car, dumbest thing Ive ever seen

Reactions: 90lxwhite

·
Registered
364 Posts
removed mine the first week of owning the car, dumbest thing Ive ever seen
Me too...didn't make any sense, and it looks like crap to me....

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Removed mine to quiet things down inside the car. I like it quiet when cruising. This helps.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Awesome idea, makes perfect sense to me and I applaud Ford. Car sounded excellent to my driving perspective when getting on it before I did anything. GT500 mufflers installed rounding out a killer throatiness from the tail end, now it's absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
After installing my GT 500 mufflers I could hardly hear them from inside the car so I pulled the sound tube off but, it was too quiet so I put a thick piece of rubber tape over the
end and reconnected it, now its just right! A perfect balance between motor and exhaust sound.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree it is stupid, but haven't done anything with it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd like to actually hear the motor, so I took one of the foam pieces out and reconnected. That coupled with the exhaust gives a very nice V8 symphony.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The first dealer I went to when I was buying my 5.0, the salesman tells me it's a tube to pipe cool air from the cabin of the car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd like to actually hear the motor, so I took one of the foam pieces out and reconnected. That coupled with the exhaust gives a very nice V8 symphony.
I also took out one of the foam pieces when my exhaust was stock and loved it. Upon installing my FM axle back, I replaced the foam plug, so I actually haven't driven it with the plug out and new mufflers. Might have to try it now :gringreen I was just worried I wouldn't hear my exhaust under heavy throttle because it gets F'in LOUD in the car when you get on it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sound Tube: Stock
Exhaust: Roush Axle Backs
Opinion: Perfect :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Mine will be removed within a few days of receiving the car. It will be completed the same time the CAI, sitting in my garage, is installed...:yup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curious to those that have pulled it completely off... what did you plug the CAI side of it with? (What fits?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I took it out at 700 miles. The engine bay looks much better without it. Plus now it's easier to see my Kooks Long tube headers. :bounce2:

1 - 20 of 156 Posts