Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
grnvlmike said:
Its all possible :hihi:

http://webpages.charter.net/mikemeehan/Nikita%20Index.htm

click the picture to enter... sorry about the "lack of friendly navigation" but I am not that good with websites, but the pictures and a little decrisption is available for some of them...

Also, it has not been updated in a while.. maybe do that tonight..

C-Ya!
Great pics of the install. Very professional look!

Maybe I just missed it, but do you plan to use a separate sub speaker/box or the rear speakers for bass? Also how is the heat around the amps in the space behind the seats?

Oh yea, how does it sound?

05GTPony said:
Great pics of the install. Very professional look!

Maybe I just missed it, but do you plan to use a separate sub speaker/box or the rear speakers for bass? Also how is the heat around the amps in the space behind the seats?

Oh yea, how does it sound?
Thanks.. took a lot of hours... I have 2 10' subs - pioneer dual vc's running off the 800 watt amp in a low profile ported box. I gotta get pictures of the set up on my site. Also, what you dont see is a 12volt fan built into the top of the rear seat enclosure. Its on a relay that comes on when the amps power up. It exausts into the trunk. Each amp also has its own built in fan...

And it rocks.. Its very "clean" and the MB Quarts are AMAZING!

The 500 is clean and crisp with good base, even at very high volume... and that's good enough for me. (more trunk room to boot). Why drown out the high notes with overwhelming base? I'll never get that! Unless.............no, never mind. I won't get into a music choice debate (I'll age myself........ I saw Jimmy Hendricks when he was playing backup in James Brown's band. )

Discussion starter · #24 ·
rocketism said:
I went with a Rockford Fosgate amp 1-12" Punch P2and a box that goes where the shaker 1000 box goes. I payed about $600 installed and my system blows away any shaker 1000 system away. I'm glad I didnt spend $1300 I used that money to buy 410's and steeda underdrive pullies:thumbsup
Thanks for the help rocketism, this is exactly what I wanted, comprable or better sound quality at haf the price:yup: Did you custom make the box or are there aftermarket ones out there that fit well in the factory location?

grnvlmike said:
Its all possible :hihi:

http://webpages.charter.net/mikemeehan/Nikita%20Index.htm

click the picture to enter... sorry about the "lack of friendly navigation" but I am not that good with websites, but the pictures and a little decrisption is available for some of them...

Also, it has not been updated in a while.. maybe do that tonight..

C-Ya!
Sweet install...mine is a work in progress at the moment. I got the stock system, since the dealer wouldn't let me get a car without one. I knew I was going to replace everything anyway! I have most of the stuff already, and I'm going to install it in stages. I have the Kenwood DDX7015 in dash dvd head unit in already. Next I have to get an amp and sub...I just have to see what fits in the small trunk. I may have ont custom made for the factory sub location. I was leaning toward the MBQuart components myself, and after seeing yours, it's settled! When it's all said and done, I'll have the dvd in dash, a music keg, Sirius satellite radio, components in the front, 6x8 3 ways in the back, and most likely a 12" sub (maybe 2 10") in the trunk.

Attachments

byoung2 said:
Sweet install...mine is a work in progress at the moment. I got the stock system, since the dealer wouldn't let me get a car without one. I knew I was going to replace everything anyway! I have most of the stuff already, and I'm going to install it in stages. I have the Kenwood DDX7015 in dash dvd head unit in already. Next I have to get an amp and sub...I just have to see what fits in the small trunk. I may have ont custom made for the factory sub location. I was leaning toward the MBQuart components myself, and after seeing yours, it's settled! When it's all said and done, I'll have the dvd in dash, a music keg, Sirius satellite radio, components in the front, 6x8 3 ways in the back, and most likely a 12" sub (maybe 2 10") in the trunk.
Nice looking unit! Where did you get the dash kit?

shaker 1000 speakers vs 500

I read somewere? I thought the brochure, that you get upgraded "audiofile" speakers with the shaker 1000.

anybody confirm this?

somebody w/ acess to both systems can look under trunk or when upgrading in shop, look if they are different and post please.

likley quaility aftermarket speakers would be better, but having it sound correct may be an issue, why couldent ford just tune the systems the correct way considering the the profit they must of built-in.

is Delphi the supplier for the 500 & 1000?
if so, I thought they were a huge supplier for GM or part of GM, what gives? maybe its sabatoge from the GM people to drive the only new pony car drivers crazy with skipping troblesome units
(they may think we will trade for the new Grand Am er GTO in frustration)

Over's GT said:
I read somewere? I thought the brochure, that you get upgraded "audiofile" speakers with the shaker 1000.

anybody confirm this?

somebody w/ acess to both systems can look under trunk or when upgrading in shop, look if they are different and post please.

likley quaility aftermarket speakers would be better, but having it sound correct may be an issue, why couldent ford just tune the systems the correct way considering the the profit they must of built-in.

if so, I thought they were a huge supplier for GM or part of GM, what gives? maybe its sabatoge from the GM people to drive the only new pony car drivers crazy with skipping troblesome units
the 500 and 1000 are exactly the same except the addition of 2 ten inch subs and the amp to run them in the 1000. They claim upgraded speakers over the stock system.

basic system has 6 speakers I think
500 has 8
1000 has 10

66stang is right about the 500 and 1000...sounds like a lot of money to ubgrade to the 1000 from the 500 just to get the subwoofer. I had the basic system, and it only had 4 speakers: 5x7's in the front doors and rear deck. It's all being replaced!

Over's GT said:

anybody confirm this?

The claim was the 1000 came with audiophile speakers. In truth the door and rear deck on the 500 and 1000 use exactly the same speakers. Model numbers have been compared and confirmed to be the same between the two systems.

Is there a way that you could temporarily remove the Shaker 1000 amp and subwoofer from the trunk if you need the space for bags and stuff?

Can someone that's already opened up thier car list out the speaker locations and sizes for me? I need to start ordering components for my still C/U ride.

Well, I finally got my car and must say the stock 500 system is plenty for me. Not the Bose I had in my previous car but loud and clean enough. Then again I'm not driving up and down Main St. popping for everyone nor am I picky. I've noticed that I have it off most of the time anyways to listen to the exhaust (stock is great!) note (especially now with the windows closed, new tint) and other odd sounds. Like the racing car sounding grinding from the tranny and the axle (did they do that on puropse or is that the best they could do for $25K?) :cool:

Well.. I have the Shaker 1000 and as a music guy, I cant get enough of it. Its crisp and clear when for those cruising times its loud. I only paid $600.00 for the 1000 though,:yup: so i would say i got a deal and if you could get it for that price you would have to be crazy not to!

Having not taken delivery of my car yet...How does the subwoofer with the Shaker 1000 work? Can it be turned on and off like a conventional aftermarket sub/amp/deck unit setup?

newford said:
Offf the subject.... I thought your build week was 4-25 just like mine??? Did you get yours early???? I hope mine comes early...
I ordered mine in nov.:cooldude:
:eek:fftopic

No, you got that wrong. My build week was 3/28... moved back from 4/4... the actual build date was 3/24 though...!?! I got it Saturday 4/9. It was ordered 11/27 but not entered by Ford until 12/30 (allotment I assume...), C&U as of 1/4...

First day I got tint on and a shorter antenna... Tomorrow; exhaust and Eibach springs (it does NOT handle well, no matter what they say in ALL the magazines!) Rims and tires Wednesday. Thursday/Friday paint on mirrors and callipers. Next Friday all the rest parts below plus the dyno run with car specific tune, no pre-set 'goes for all' mambojambo... I hope I can break 300...!??!

The car has all the faults I've heard about, even worse for me I think beeing used to European +$50K craftmanship, but I love it, I love it ALLOT!!! Just awesome!

(PS. The stock note in my car is MUCH higher and meaner than the ones I'd heard and driven, no need to exchange mufflers for sure... but I will anyways...)

Sorry to be WAY of topic, just had to get that of my mind... :so

:eek:fftopic

irt kj_cinci; can you explain the shorter antenna, sounds interesting, pix? I'm glad you agree the stock exhaust sounds great especially if you CAI and tune. Mine handles decent imo, lemme know how your springs mod go, cost and tech details. How did the dyno tune go? I mean what gains did you realize going from Xcal tune to additional dyno tweaking? Did they pre and post chart it?
In general, wider tires with stiffer springs = more road noise, it's all about what you are looking for.

Sorry for the topic hi-jack.

My shaker 1000 is everything I need. For rock it does well considering rock is always mixed ****** but, with some R and B the base is bowel loosening. I agree with kj though, I usually am just listening to the ponies scream!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.