Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this site. Although I've loved Mustangs all my life, I still don't know many details about them. Can anyone explain to me the differences between a normal Mustang and a Mach 1? Why do some 69 - 70 cars have dual front lights while others have an air intake that looks like branches?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Easiest quick glance is the '69 has 4 headlights, '70 has two. '69 has vents on the upper rear fender just past the door. Mach 1's had appearance options - rocker panels with Mach1, some had shaker hood scoops, dash was woodgrain applique, more I can't remember.
Jon

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
A mach 1 was the performance package back in the day like gt is for the newer mustangs.The tail lights are different both years the door glass is different one year its glued in the window track the other is bolted in.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
69 was also the last year for the ignition in the dash, in 70 it was on the steering column.

In 69 the base motor in a Mach 1 was the H code 2 barrel 351 windsor. It was also the only Mach to have single exhaust standard, dual was optional.

In 1970 windsor and cleveland motors were intermixed in the 351 cars, H and M codes. This was done as the windsors were being phased out. and depended on supply for that day.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Main exterior differences are:
1. the headlight buckets/grill
2. taillights/taillight panel
3. 69' had no marker lights
4. 69' had quarter panel scoops

·
Registered
19 Posts
The simplest answer to your question is that with advance in time and technology ,automotive sector has grown a lot so as mustang.Earlier as you said it had dual front light but now with people more conscious with look the appearence had been changed to air intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts