Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times in the past I have purchased a new car/SUV and repeated the same model the next year. Every one had a change that was significant in the interior or the lights or a body line etc. As you can see from my signature, once again I am buying an '06 GT while owning the '05 GT. From what I can see the only thing different in the GT model is the center logo on the wheels and a wheel choice change. Can anyone with an '06 tell me if the interior has anything different? Are there any changes at all anywhere?
Please let this thread reflect the changes Ford made to the '06 Mustang GT only please. I know they have the Pony options etc. BUT PLEASE keep this GT only.

·
Registered
110 Posts
exterior colors and wheel size options I think

·
Registered
181 Posts
a while back, motor trend said something about moving the lid down some on the center console to keep you midgets from bumping ur elbow when you shift but i dont know if they did it or not

·
Registered
418 Posts
Why do you do that anyway? Do you trade in the previous year model?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Supposed to have a dark IUP available in December. Its a dark finish on the aluminum. Similar to the look in the GT500

·
Registered
255 Posts
No major changes for the GT. Nothing in the interior... for now. As was mentioned it is rumored there will be a darker IUP dash panel available later in the MY.

The GT wheel center caps for '06 are the same as for the '05. No changes there.

The ONLY changes on the GT are optional changes. Wheels ( which come with a sifter suspension) and colors.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Standard for '06 is a TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System that lets you know if you have a tire that is low on air.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Three times in the past I have purchased a new car/SUV and repeated the same model the next year. Every one had a change that was significant in the interior or the lights or a body line etc. As you can see from my signature, once again I am buying an '06 GT while owning the '05 GT. From what I can see the only thing different in the GT model is the center logo on the wheels and a wheel choice change. Can anyone with an '06 tell me if the interior has anything different? Are there any changes at all anywhere?
Please let this thread reflect the changes Ford made to the '06 Mustang GT only please. I know they have the Pony options etc. BUT PLEASE keep this GT only.
Am I missing something, I know the 06 V6 pony package comes with the stock GT wheels with the Tri-bar center caps but do the stock GT wheels come with that or do they come with the Ford logo form the 05.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Standard for '06 is a TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System that lets you know if you have a tire that is low on air.
Does anyone know if it has this? Because if it doesn't I am going to cancel my GT.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I will say no, since I havent seen an 06 with it yet. and its only required at 30% of cars for 06. Someones gonna owe my 5 bucks! and pc you can buy an aftermarket pressure system.
TPMS are nothing but a PITA. And wont do much good anyway considering the 20 min time frame it takes to trip the light on the dash of a 25% air pressure loss.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Stoenr said:
I will say no, since I havent seen an 06 with it yet. and its only required at 30% of cars for 06. Someones gonna owe my 5 bucks! and pc you can buy an aftermarket pressure system.
TPMS are nothing but a PITA. And wont do much good anyway considering the 20 min time frame it takes to trip the light on the dash of a 25% air pressure loss.
Do you really think I would cancel it...:shocked:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Not after seing this in your sig. "Dealer promising a pull on 8/25."

GL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about the option between the "Regular" and "Limited" rear axle option.
It this an option for the '06? :shrug Or is the rear axle "Limited Slip" differential standard like the '05.:help: Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boglin said:
Why do you do that anyway? Do you trade in the previous year model?
No, only traded one in once. I will have two stangs I think...(I offered the automatic to the wife, we'll see..SHE wants a convertable!) I have a lot of vehicles....

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am pretty disappointed that they (Ford Corporate) have not made changes in the '06 that set it apart from the '05. I bet the '05 owners are glad....anyways....

Here's a short list of a few of the things I was hoping for in the '06 model:
* I do not like the tilt wheel mechanism. I wished the wheel tilted, NOT the whole column.
* I wished for a trunk release in the glovebox NOT just the remote.
* I wished they had softened up the interior hard plastic stuff with something nicer... I am used to better interiors in my other cars... the way the Mustang presents itself...it seems to have plastic in too many places for my "likeing"
*I wished it would have the temp/compass/dimming mirror (not just an "extra" from parts dept.)
*I wished it would have had painted mirrors that matched the body.
*I wished the front grille would have had a different shape to the expanded metal look. Changing the shape of them little boxes enough to have made a model change noticable to a trained eye.
* Moved the front sidemarker lights into the headlamp bezel.
*AND so I can have a $5 bet won... TPMS !!!

I could go on... I am used to knowing one year car from another by little differences that are not expensive to do, but are done so they make a model year statement. It is gunna be tough in the future to "see" what year one is... (gunna have to read the DOT number on the rear lense I guess...)

Russ

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RJOlson said:
cut from the book of knowledge
Thank you! BUT !!!

My Gawd !!!! I can not see that for the life of me.... anyway to make that thumbnail big enough to see?

hahaha Russ

·
Registered
418 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
No, only traded one in once. I will have two stangs I think...(I offered the automatic to the wife, we'll see..SHE wants a convertable!) I have a lot of vehicles....
Ah. That would be fun. I assume you have a big garage. :thumbsup We just built a house and I had them add six feet on for my car projects but with all the kids bikes and junk my space is dwindling.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
........*AND so I can have a $5 bet won... TPMS !!!

Russ
:evilchuck :heha: :gringreen

1 - 20 of 30 Posts