Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running different ratio roller rockers on the same engine? I was thinking about 1:7 on the intake and 1:6 on the exhaust.I'm in the middle of a h-c-i swap.I'm using ported gt-40 iron heads, ported explorer intake and e-303 cam.I have a holley regulator and explorer 19lb injectors.Any input would be appreciated.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
ive never heard of anybody using different ratio rockers on the intake and exhaust valve. i dont even know if that would work right?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Ive seen this done, once or twice. I have also seen different PR's on the intake and exhaust.( thats a different story though) No experience with it though.

·
Banned
7,169 Posts
its normally done to if a cam is not exactly what an engine wants. you can put 1.7s on the exhaust side if a sbf and sometimes it will help, the exhaust side on a sbf head has always been a problem. it will add about .030 lift and 3-4 degrees duration. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It's done quite often, it's usually by those looking for that extra power to knock off a tenth of ET. On a street car, you won't even miss that extra horse or two in comparison to the added expense.
It works and works very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Different rocker arm ratio on I & E

I have used 1.6 on the intake & 1.5 on the exhaust, but this was on several chevy engines & yes it did pick up a tenth.
Using a different ratio rocker arm does not affect the advertised duration, but it normally adds 2-4 degrees @ .050" & increases the lift .030" & also the rate of lift. Bill

·
Registered
956 Posts
You would want to put the 1.7's on the exhaust and 1.6's on the intake.

G

·
it is done very often......

the results vary from car to car......

worth a try if you have two sets of rockers......

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I run that very split on my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.