Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Steeda

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a diff cover that has a Dr. fill hole because the head on the OEM fill plug is stripped. Would y’all go with a cover that has fins but no girdle thing or would y’all go with a non-finned w/ the girdle? The finned is from Steeda and the one with the girdle is Brand X. I’m pretty sure it’s the same one LMR sells under the SVE brand.
Keep in mind that it can’t be seen unless you crawl underneath and look. All you can see is the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I need a diff cover that has a Dr. fill hole because the head on the OEM fill plug is stripped. Would y’all go with a cover that has fins but no girdle thing or would y’all go with a non-finned w/ the girdle? The finned is from Steeda and the one with the girdle is Brand X. I’m pretty sure it’s the same one LMR sells under the SVE brand.
Keep in mind that it can’t be seen unless you crawl underneath and look. All you can see is the gas tank.
Supposedly the finned cover dissipates heat better, if heat is a concern or you track the car I'd go with the finned cover

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposedly the finned cover dissipates heat better, if heat is a concern or you track the car I'd go with the finned cover
No track use. I used to do test and tunes but I hadn’t in a few years. Even then I don’t think heat was an issue.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
No track use. I used to do test and tunes but I hadn’t in a few years. Even then I don’t think heat was an issue.
My personal preference would be the finned only because of the easy access to the fill

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My personal preference would be the finned only because of the easy access to the fill
Ah crap. I was thinking that the non-finned one had a fill hole too. The fill hole is the only reason I need a new cover because I can’t get the stock fill plug out of the differential. Here’s the SVE cover that has a fill hole for $150.. I was thinking that the one on Amazon was the same as the SVE without the logo (I’d rather no have an SVE logo really). So, I guess now the question is, is a girdle worth the extra money? Really I just need a fill hole. I sure did like that $100 price.
Edit
The $100 has a fill plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Been using the TA diff cover for over 20 years .easy access to drain and fill plugs.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
agreed -- if no track, then heat should not be an issue so you don't need the fins; so I'd go for one with convenient fill and drain holes

·
Registered
705 Posts
I got the finned one because it has a drain hole mostly, but also a fill hole. No need to pull the cover to change the lube. I put fluid through the upper hole until it begins to run out the OEM fill hole because the upper hole on the cover is higher and I don't want to over-fill. It also has top vent port that allowed me to move the axle vent away from the axle tube where it tends to puke lube.

I used a "Lube Locker" gasket instead of the RTV. No leaks and a cleaner install.
Bushins.jpg

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ah crap. I was thinking that the non-finned one had a fill hole too. The fill hole is the only reason I need a new cover because I can’t get the stock fill plug out of the differential. Here’s the SVE cover that has a fill hole for $150.. I was thinking that the one on Amazon was the same as the SVE without the logo (I’d rather no have an SVE logo really). So, I guess now the question is, is a girdle worth the extra money? Really I just need a fill hole. I sure did like that $100 price.
Edit
The $100 has a fill plug.
The SVE is nice with both a drain and fill hole

·
Registered
226 Posts
What ever you do, don't get a flat box type. Seen a video on them compared to the factory shape. They suck. Didn't canel the fluids properly and actually heated the oil up more.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The $100 no name one on Amazon has a drain and a fill. But it got mixed reviews. Some said the plugs leaked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts