Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 68 mustang with, what I think, is an extremely high ratio rearend. It really bogs down the 347 stroker that we just had built. The serial numbers on the differential tag are: CZ-F1 and 008a8931. Anyone out there know what these codes mean or is there a website where I can decode these no.'s. All the decoders I've found online are for the VIN. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
68ric said:
I have a 68 mustang with, what I think, is an extremely high ratio rearend. It really bogs down the 347 stroker that we just had built. The serial numbers on the differential tag are: CZ-F1 and 008a8931. Anyone out there know what these codes mean or is there a website where I can decode these no.'s. All the decoders I've found online are for the VIN. Thanks for any help.
That info is on your doortag with the vin. If you post the code, we should be able to decipher it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
68ric

Can't tel from what you say!
Do the following:
On a level surface, put car in Neutral, push car and count number of revs at the yoke after 1 Rev at the wheel. That's the rear end ratio. (+/- ! So if you count 3 1/4 it is a 3.27:1)

Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.