Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
i never knew about this - but i just did it on my 2010 gt500 and it worked - so thanks alot for the info . --I love the dig. speedo - now i can see how fast the car really is.. :worship

just hold down the far two right keys turn the key -- and release on when it says test mode - that easy - then push the far right key --*the reset key on the gt500* until you get to what you want.. --

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good to see this on the Mustang.

Dodge SRT8s have the Electronic Vehicle Info Center (EVIC). It does a digital Speedo (which records top speed), shows Tire Pressure and even a 1/4 mile and 0-60 timer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just checked it last night. It does work. All you have to do is hold the 2 right buttons. Then hit reset to go through the options. Great tool to have. Kinda cool to use.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Maybe the PCM code can be changed to make this an easy access display???? Is there a tuner in the house who can talk to this???

·
Registered
482 Posts
I gotta try this to see the digital speed. The actual speedometer is just too small for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good to see this on the Mustang.

Dodge SRT8s have the Electronic Vehicle Info Center (EVIC). It does a digital Speedo (which records top speed), shows Tire Pressure and even a 1/4 mile and 0-60 timer.

We have a timer too, not sure if it stops when you hit 60 or 1/4 though

I

·
0 Posts
It's called engineering test mode, you have to told the two right buttons down as you start the vehicle, and then release once you see the words "engineering test mode" on the display. You then press the far right button (I don't remember whether it's menu or info) until you get to vehicle speed (mph). It also has a digital readout for the tachometer, engine temp, intake temp, coolant temp, ignition sequence, etc. Pretty useful tool, if you know not to tamper with anything which isn't in plain english :nono:
I used the digital mph readout during my trip from NY to AZ, very awesome thing to have, as it gives a more accurate readout of your actual speed than your gauges. I think the 19" rims have something to do with this.
:bigthumbsup
oook, it doesn't do half the stuff you just said for one. also you need only press the reset button, not both. and 2.. you cannot tamper with anything in hec. its only for informational purposes. the only thing you are right about is it that is more accurate on reading you speed since ALL vehicles have a 0-3mph lapse between what the pcm is a reading and it transmitting to the gauge cluster. dont dont act like you know what you talking about when you really dont. have a nice day. i been a tech for 6 years and we never even use this crap its useless and you are paying for it!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
oook, it doesn't do half the stuff you just said for one. also you need only press the reset button, not both. and 2.. you cannot tamper with anything in hec. its only for informational purposes. the only thing you are right about is it that is more accurate on reading you speed since ALL vehicles have a 0-3mph lapse between what the pcm is a reading and it transmitting to the gauge cluster. dont dont act like you know what you talking about when you really dont. have a nice day. i been a tech for 6 years and we never even use this crap its useless and you are paying for it!!
Ebonics and all. great post!

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you are going to be an arse at someone on a public forum you may want to learn how to read and write propertly...:bigthumbsup

Ever think that maybe "it doesn't do half the stuff" because maybe you can't read what it says? :wavey Just curious....:grinroll:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Just curious where you've been working as a tech for 6 years? I'll make sure I go somewhere else.

I

·
0 Posts
Just curious where you've been working as a tech for 6 years? I'll make sure I go somewhere else.
those were good comebacks, haha. trying to defend your little friend, thats cute. i didn't know this was english class?? i'm not the one who didnt know how to do something thats been around for 12 model years!!! and i really dont like my video being posted on this page, you are all a disgrace to the mustang!! so long suckas

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Does this speedo thing work for the base GT or just the premium?
Does it go back to normal when you turn the car off and on again?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

I tried it on my 2008 F250 SuperDuty and it worked there too. So I imagine it will work on your base GT.
And yes, it reverts back to normal when you restart your car.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ask "Iliketobeadouche2010" he can probably help you the most with that question. :bigthumbsup

On a serious note I would assume as long as your mileage reads out in digital it should read it. It worked for the new edge so I'd assume it would work, but you know what they say about assuming.

I

·
0 Posts
Ask "Iliketobeadouche2010" he can probably help you the most with that question. :bigthumbsup

On a serious note I would assume as long as your mileage reads out in digital it should read it. It worked for the new edge so I'd assume it would work, but you know what they say about assuming.
i am a *********. it works on all 99-present Ford vehicles with a digital odometer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is pretty cool as I hate the speedometer on the Mustang as it is to hard to gauge am I doing 55 or 60 in this 45 zone. But its kind of a pain to setup each time, anyway to make this permanent?

I would pay money to make the MPH gauge permanent!

21 - 40 of 121 Posts