Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not your typical question....but ....have a chance @ a Ford GT ...which would mean ultimately giving up the Shelby & PJ Saleen ...Few issues I have... color is Tungsten Gray which quite frankly is not my favorite on that particular car...haven't seen it in person ..only in photo's ...My preference would be the heritage edition ..or white on blue...on the plus side...the price is Fantastic with a great value on my trade.

Words of wisdom ??

Sorry for the S-197 deviation .

·
Registered
186 Posts
get the GT man. Live life like a king!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Well its like they say... for the price of one of those I could have XYZ... but its what you want that matters buddy.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If it ian't the right color ya ain't gonna be happy........................

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same problem...except I'm trying to decide between my house payment or the GT:hihi:

N

·
0 Posts
Kyle F said:
Well its like they say... for the price of one of those I could have XYZ... but its what you want that matters buddy.
i'll have to agree with kyle and go one further...please dont do it!!!! get a ferrari...be the first of us stangers to make good....remember that ford gt is still a ford and unless they have a secret location where they care they'll still give the same service that we've all been complainin about on this site...or keep a stang and get a viper to compliment it...or even better keep em both and get a vette...it'll outrun the gt anyway...but its what you want and i respect that

·
Registered
478 Posts
Get the GT. I thnk it would be easier to get a Mustang later down the road. I think the GT would hold its value longer.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
If you are a collector, the GT would be a better deal. Ford is only making that supercar for 3 years...then it is gone. While the present Shelby GT500 will be made in its present body for 2 years, but will likely continue with the next body style. Many people can say they own a Mustang GT, a handful can say they own a Shelby GT500, but only a very few can say they own a Ford GT!!!

If you want a daily driver...keep the Shelbys and add a Vette or Viper.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
how much you paying for the GT? last i saw they were between 150k and 175k... plus, you will most likely have to have special exotic car insurance on it, that will be very pricey. i mean, i dont think you can just call Geico to insure a car like that...

bottom line, the GT is awesome, but it is not practical. you will definately want another vehicle as a daily driver, cause you wont want to leave that thing sitting in WalMart's parking lot while your inside "investing" in thier company.

now if you do get it, please, by all means, post some pics!!!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Wish I could be faced with such a dilemma.... But sadly, I work for the government so I guess I'll just have to live with what I've got.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies....Pumpdoc kinda knows where it's @ on the color ...the deal itself would be beyond fantastic . This is all financed by my previous challenger 440 6pk vert sale....so basically would blow the wad on one super nice car....have No interest in a euro super car. Eff em LOL ....American all the way...BTW as crappy as Ford svc may be ...trust me it would be buckets cheaper than any foreign supercar...Obviously this would not be a daily driver...My Co Car gets 95%+ of my mileage ...as it is my stang only has 1200 miles in 1 1/2 years so that's not an issue ...

Pro's -
Great deal so suck up the color
Exotic Car
Exotic Looks
Awesome performance
Long term collectible
Cons-
Only a 2 seater
have to use 2 vehicles for shows etc
No Vert option :sadcry:
Not my ideal color choice
Probably bottom out every other day
Lose a shely & PJ saleen

Freakin decisions man :confused:

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you can afford the 150k+ for the vehicle why not paint the car any color you want for another 10k.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
stlwagon said:
Wish I could be faced with such a dilemma.... But sadly, I work for the government so I guess I'll just have to live with what I've got.
here ya on that my friend. feel dang lucky to have what i have.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I agree with Ngtrnnr. I'd go for a low mileage Ferrari 328GTS for 45K or so, build a garage to hold my Mustang and the Ferrari, then pocket the remaining 100,000. I wouldn't feel comfotable driving a 175K vehicle around. Oh, I'd be OK for sure. It's just all the other morons that give me the creeps. I'd be doing everything just right, and some idiot would come up behind me and forget that Red means Stop.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Why would you pay 150k for Ford quality..I don't care how fast it is. I agree with nghtrnnr...get a FERRARI!

·
Registered
236 Posts
get the GT and come get me and take me for a ride. then get the Shelby and come back and take me for another ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
it's a freaking supercar for god's sake. then again if you aren't happy with the color you won't be happy with the car. i have a tungsten mustang so i'd love it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts