Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Why are you on this forum asking that, i may have to call bs here...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Godlik3 said:
Why are you on this forum asking that, i may have to call bs here...

I have enjoyed his post over the past year and enjoyed following his GT being customized. He doesn't spout B/S.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ok then :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wouldn't do unless your completely happy with the color.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Godlik3 said:
LOL :hihi: Come on over to Sugar Land and I'll take you for a ride in my Shelby :bounce2:

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
GTNOS said:
here ya on that my friend. feel dang lucky to have what i have.
You know GTNOS, you're absolutely right... Sure we'd all like to have more $ but I am generally happy with what I've got. And if someone else has the means to buy a $150,000 car, who are we to tell the guy what to do.

·
Registered
478 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Why would you pay 150k for Ford quality..I don't care how fast it is. I agree with nghtrnnr...get a FERRARI!

I think most of this car is built by Saleen, or it may be Roush. Your typical UAW person does not have much to do with it. Any supercaris going to have high maintenance.

Again my vote is go for it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
mrvandermey said:
okay, I got it...get both the Shelby AND the GT and give me the one you like the least.
Aw crap I had the Parnelli Jones pegged for you ..Oh well :rolleyes:

No offense to the Ferrari Fans, of which I used to be a major one , ...but ..unless it's an Enzo or a vintage like the Daytona Spyder ...kinda bored w/the style...(I Know Blasphemy) ...Ditto on the Lambo's ....The stangs are fine in tungsten...too bad the GT's didn't have some red accent on the inside...to offset the tombstone exterior ....Honestly if it was white w/blue stripes ...or the heritage color ...would have just posted the GT when It got here....but hey I enjoy all the varying POV's ...BTW ...like most domestics ...no question they are chintzy in allot of area's but to me it's part of the charm...Look @ all the old Muscle cars & crazy $$$ they go for not to mention what Original GT40's, A/C Cobra's ..Hemi's ...Boss 429's etc..those cars were downright deplorable in so many area's ...yet collectors "pony" up big $$$$ for them ;)

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
roboz said:
Aw crap I had the Parnelli Jones pegged for you ..Oh well :rolleyes:
because I have your back...I will help you out and take the PJ...see what friends do for friends!!! This way you can still have your Shelby convertible, the GT supercar and I will make a home for the Grabber Orange PJ...it is a win-win situation...just remember, I got your back like that :hihi:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
again I'll say it to be more clear, the reason you are getting a 'deal' on this fine car is because of it's color. No person in their right mind would have a GT in that color, it's just not right IMHO.

and ps. you don't take a car like this and paint it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Take the GT, paint it lime green, then put flame and bullet hole decals all over it, along with a massive red R on the hood.

You'll make peoples heads explode.

My serious advice, however, would be stay with your PJ and Shelby. They're very nice cars- I like them better than the GT- and honestly, nobody needs a supercar. One wreck and you'd be screwed. Hell, if it were me, I'd just get the PJ, paint it black, and put the rest of the money in the bank.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
pumpdoc said it best twice. dont care if you take it to the best painter in the world...you dont repaint a car like this....I'd have to think it would cut the price in half makin it even a better deal....if ya could sell it. but then again I'd buy a white GT with blue stripes for 75,000 :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rest Assured the car would not suffer through ANY mods. Least of which would be a color change ! Good Lord The only thing I'd change (that I could afford to anyway) would be the oil , oil filter & other such service doo dahs.

As for color ....geesh pumpdoc , that was Harsh (but honest) on the Tungsten :gringreen.

You can probably tell, I'm really trying to have this color win me over....in fact .. how the marketing guru's @ ford sell it : ( so let's hear a little Tungsten GT Love !! :laugh:

Tungsten Silver highlights Ford GT design details:

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Ford's first win at Le Mans, the 2006 Ford GT will be offered in a limited-edition Tungsten Silver, which replaces Quick Silver on the Ford GT's color palette. A Quick Silver racing stripe can be added to the Tungsten Silver package.

Tungsten Silver was developed for the 2004 North American International Auto Show Ford "Performance Trilogy" show cars - the Ford GT, the Shelby Cobra roadster concept and the new 2005 Mustang GT. Customer demand was so overwhelming that the color was added to the production palette.

"There's good contrast between the colors," says Camilo Pardo, chief designer of the Ford GT. "But it's a discreet contrast. In Tungsten Silver, the Ford GT is really dressy, like a fine suit. It looks mature.

"This dark silver color also brings out all the design features and the subtleties of the car," he adds. "In fact, people who've seen it thought we'd added a feature line around the side of the car. It's always been there, but you may not notice it in the car's other colors. The Tungsten Silver really brings it out."

Pardo notes that in the design studio, clay models are covered with "Dynoc" material that is a similar hue to Tungsten silver. The color is specifically designed to enhance the vehicle design details for evaluation.

"We use silver to evaluate our designs throughout the whole process," he says. "It brings out the subtleties, the returns and the negatives, the differences between horizontal and vertical surfaces."

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I am a big fan of Tungsten. looks even better when acented with anothe color. thing is ..bet you wont see many GTs that color :) I'd have to say.....go for it!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Harsh, harsh? painting a car with this kind of history Tungsten is harsh. You never see this car in a Ford sponsored display in that color, the last 2 TPC's Ford sponsored Golf tourneys had GT's on display for the word to see and they weren't tungsten.......................

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reminds me of Eleanor somehow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
grey supercar ?

Firstly I love the tungsten / quicksilver combo on the Mustang as you can see from my gallery ! However, I have seen a tungsten / quicksilver GT40 in the Legacy Ford dealership when I collected my car last December. Whilst it looked quite smart, I'm not sure if it really suited this style of car and the red one they had in the showroom 2 month prior definately looked better. Maybe if the interior had been red (like the Mustang option) it would have looked better, but it was black and a bit dull. Actually Ford's comments about the GT40 being 'dressed in the suit' is probably true - but there lays the problem - most poeple dont want a GT40 in a fine suit !

Its a great colour for 'normal' cars, but a mid-engined, 2 seater 'supercar' in metallic grey, something not quite right here.

My only advice would be to try to see the car in the flesh then you will be better positioned to make a decision, if colour is you main concern.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If ya gotta ask............

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm sorry but the vett is about as ugly as they come. who wouldn't want a GT. that car is sexy.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts