Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a customized shift knob and retainer from CJPonyParts on July 26, after numerous pushbacks and backorder (due to the retainer) I finally received the shift knob today and the retainer should be coming in anytime soon.

Im pissed off. It has been 2 months of waiting and to make things worse they got my shift knob wrong. It is black with red rally stripes and pony logos on the side. When i opened it everything was right EXCEPT no pony logos...

Here is the exact wording from my order history on their site.
"MSK248BR

11-13 V6/GT/BOSS 6SPD BLACK/RED RALLY SHIFT KNOB W/ PATTERN W/ PONY LOGOS

$63.64"

Now the price is $79.55, Im going to talk to customer service and ask for a new one, with the old price of $63.64. But the customized shift knobs take like 4 weeks... So here we go more waiting.

/rant

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear about that!

I recently tried to order some $650 worth of stuff from them, only to find that they follow the old school policy of requiring your first order with them to be shipped to your billing address ... I have a Postal Annex account for all my deliveries, since stuff gets stolen off of my porch otherwise!

Needless to say, I cancelled my order with them and bought from another retailer for $10 more, but at least I could order with the confidence that it would be delivered somewhere secure.

Not easy to do business with, and can't get simple orders right -- doesn't sound like a winning combo for an online retailer, eh?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spoken to a gentleman through CJP. Nice and friendly customer service and they will ship my new one out in 1-2 weeks he said. I actually changed it to red with black stripes. Also got the original pricing and lets hope this is now resolved. Wish it didnt come to this situation but what can i do now.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I've had nothing but great service from them. For parts that they need to order then ship to you wait can be longer. They have always had great customer service, just call them or online chat they will get you an answer.

Also for those in the NE they have a great shop and do work, open houses and shows.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I ordered some gt500 mounts and camber bolts from them on Monday night. I recieved them wedensday morning. And I'm all the way in Cali. They've earned my business!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my case was probably one of those unusual mistake and i understand. This wont deter me from them as long as they do me right.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have always had great experiences with CJ Pony Parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts