Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a concert tonight in Knoxville, and drove my mom's car to save some miles on mine. Just before heading in to the show, she calls me and tells me im not gonna believe what i hear. She was running an errand and parked my stang on a steap hill and set the e-brake. She got out of the car and it rolled all the way down the hill and cracked the very bottom of the bumper and knocked out the lower grille piece. I just got home and saw the damage. The front left side is cracked and looks as if it will definitely have to be replaced. I wonder if this means the whole front bumper as well. I am gonna take it to a body shop tomorrow. Im pissed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
:eek: That is a Bummer. Hope everything goes well.

05 SatinSylvia said:
I was at a concert tonight in Knoxville, and drove my mom's car to save some miles on mine. Just before heading in to the show, she calls me and tells me im not gonna believe what i hear. She was running an errand and parked my stang on a steap hill and set the e-brake. She got out of the car and it rolled all the way down the hill and cracked the very bottom of the bumper and knocked out the lower grille piece. I just got home and saw the damage. The front left side is cracked and looks as if it will definitely have to be replaced. I wonder if this means the whole front bumper as well. I am gonna take it to a body shop tomorrow. Im pissed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Hope it wasn't too bad, If you have a manual, tell her next time to put it in gear, I always use reverse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Hope it wasn't too bad, If you have a manual, tell her next time to put it in gear, I always use reverse.
Actually I think the manual says to put it in first, regardless if your are on an incline or decline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Actually I think the manual says to put it in first, regardless if your are on an incline or decline.
I have heard this over and over and it dosen't really matter, I used reverse for 20+ years now, never had a roll incident. I like reverse because it is more of a certainty that you have shifted it in reverse than first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
First or reverse doesn't matter that much, both have similar gear ratios.

Though I'm a little doubtfull she set the E-brake. Expecially if it works 100% fine now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
I noticed on my GT that the position of the E brake doesn't lend itself to setting it good. It's in a very awkward position and requires a little effort to cinch it up good. Hopefully the repair on your car will be minor.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's actually an auto, and she said she set the e-brake but who knows how well. The body shop said 575 for front bumper replacement. I asked him about painting the side mirrors to match the car while i was there and he told me he could for about $50 per mirror. I thought that was a little low. Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Wow that sucks. I'm sure your mom feels really really bad about it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
sounds to me like a good time for a nice custom front-end. make the best out of a bad situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,003 Posts
$50 for the mirros is low but remember he'll already have the paint mixed...

It will be more if you want it properly done... sanded all the way down, primed to all smooth and then painted...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
05 SatinSylvia said:
I was thinking similar things about a front end, any ideas for a custom one??
im waiting for the new Foose front-end to come out. but i also like the SS and the Roush. BTW Sylvie.......did you make it down to Peigon Forge back on the 8th for the mustang rallye? i wanted to drive down there but couldnt get away from work. how was the turn out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
something else that might save a few bucks AND get you factory paint- factory take offs from Saleen or Roush have been on ebay for a while now...pretty reasonably priced too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i think ive decided to go with the Roush Fascia, and since im doing that i might as well add the Roush spoiler too! Any opinions on how it will look?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Beautiful

Nice kit but remember that 2 grand does not include painting all that stuff to match your car:happyhapp . Good luck
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top