Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I think I am going to focus on upgrading my break system and go to power disc brakes. I am looking seriously as the csrp kit after hearing a lot of good things about it. My only draw back is from what I understand I would only be able to mount 14 to 15" rims. I wanna go more restomod so I was thinking more around 17 inch rims. Plus if I went 17s I would have more options from what I am finding. Does anyone have any suggestions without spending 1200 bucks. Also if I did go 17"s I could just go with lower profile tires and not have to modify anything right?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
check out stainless steel brake company...with a good 11" kit you can run any size rim you want

·
Registered
157 Posts
Alright so I think I am going to focus on upgrading my break system and go to power disc brakes. I am looking seriously as the csrp kit after hearing a lot of good things about it. My only draw back is from what I understand I would only be able to mount 14 to 15" rims. I wanna go more restomod so I was thinking more around 17 inch rims. Plus if I went 17s I would have more options from what I am finding. Does anyone have any suggestions without spending 1200 bucks. Also if I did go 17"s I could just go with lower profile tires and not have to modify anything right?
The CSRP SWAP.1 kit will fit under 14" or larger wheels. The performance oriented SWAP.4 kit requires 15" or larger wheels.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know! So since I am still undecided on going stock (15") or going with larger rims say 17" which kit would you recommend. I want the power brake kit. I have a v8 automatic if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good to know! So since I am still undecided on going stock (15") or going with larger rims say 17" which kit would you recommend. I want the power brake kit. I have a v8 automatic if it makes a difference.
The SWAP.1 kit is an upgraded version of the original equipment disc brakes used on 65-67 Mustang. It can be used on 65-66 V8 Mustang and all 67-73 Mustang. It can use 14" or larger wheels.

We also offer the more performance oriented SWAP.4 kit that uses 2004 Mustang type aluminum dual piston calipers and thicker rotors. This kit requires 15" or larger wheels.

All kits for 67 are available with a power brake upgrade package.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have the SWAP.4 kit and love it.
I am running 16 inch wheels with 225VR50-16 tires

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts