Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have just pulled my '67 Stang from the garage and I am getting ready to switch to disc brakes and get new suspension.

My questions are:

#1 Brakes: What are the top disc brakes available and what are some quality brakes for a not-so expensive price? I have heard that Stainless Steel brakes are good...is this true?

#2 Suspension: I am looking to replace all of my suspension and set it up for good handling but better 1/4 performance. Again, what are the top quality suspension manufacturers? and price?

This is my first post on this board so...be nice. Excuse my ignorance as I am trying to learn more about my car and cars in general. This board seems to be very knowledgable and helpful to others.

Thank you in advance for any help regarding my questions!

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.Welcome.:)I have the SSBC front discs on one of my cars and am very happy with it.The only changes I made to the stock suspension were to put Koni shocks all the way around and do the Shelby drop.I also replaced the upper and lower control arms with new ones and put the one inch front sway bar instead of the pencil thin stock sway bar.It handles fine.Hope that helps,and again,welcome.:)

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
Steed, if you want to go fast in the quater mile, then you want a crappy handling car, and you want light brakes. If you want a car to turn well and stop great, it will not be too good on a strip, since one of the oldest tricks to go fast is to remove the sway bar, and a sway bar helps a car handle better

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated:winks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.