Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the back of my car I have a disc changer, above it is another box (I don't know what that is and I didn't even know it was there until last week). In the front of my car I have the disc changer little box where I can change CD's and songs and what not with the buttons or the remotes. I have to have my CD player on a certain station to listen to the songs... anyway, my disc changer does not work anymore. I have it on the right station and everything turns on but it won't play. I think it'll play one song on CD # 3 (it's a 6 disc)... Can someone help?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well, at first I thought it may have been the FM transmiter (the other box) gone bad. But if it will play a certain track, on a certain disc, then I think the changer unit itself is bad. If its a well known brand you may be able to take it out and have someone look at it. Or maybe you can go to a store and buy another one of the same brand, hook it up and see if it plays. If it plays you know all the wiring going up to the controls is good and the changer itself is bad. You may just need to take the changer apart and use that air in a can stuff and blow it off real good. There should be only one wire/cable coming from the changer itself so taking it out shouldn't be too bad. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.